Blessing system too rng

Problem: This gambling system can kill players motivation.

Solution: Make it to a progress system with a slow, but safe progress.

• After Boss kill you can choose between ALL blessings and then: Every time you kill the boss again you can upgrade the blessing depending on corruption.

In my opinion this will never reduce peoples motivation to play.

Thx!

4 Likes

The Blessing system right now is terrible. I’ve cleared Dark Sun 10 times now and I haven’t gotten the Void Resistance option even once. I never want to do Dark Sun again.

3 Likes

RnG system is what makes MMO successful in the long run. Guaranteeing something is terrible for an MMO. That belongs more in single player! However, increase chances for something like blessings isn’t a bad thing vs say, rare items.

Some I suggest are, overall just adding more choices per run, ways to increase chances or help get what you need, and faster catch up corruption. Especially needed for alts.

Not to be rude but this generation gamers sure are lazy, lol. Only 10 times? 1 run is like only 2 if you rush objective.

2 Likes

The Blessing system can stand to be improved, but a new system where you’re guaranteed to get whatever Blessing you want and then guaranteed to get it maxed out is a ridiculous idea.

If RNG kills your motivation to play, you’re playing the wrong kind of game.

The blessing system will be itemized in the future, hence that RNG factor will be possible to be shared between characters and hence alleviated.

Also it’ll allow to change them out freely if you switch a build within the same mastery, making it vastly better.

The RNG reward though to get the right one is not something which needs to be changed at all given that upcoming change, take it as a grind for another piece of itemization, hence it’s fine in the way it is.

Is this truly something already in the works? That sounds awesome, and significantly better than the current implementation.

According to the wikki, the resist is one of 3 possible rewards from the first slot from the possible blessings you can get. If the odds are 1 in 3, and I’ve run it 10 times, then the odds are F’d.

Welcome to arpgs, this is called RNG. What was described (1 in 3 with 10 attempts) has a 3% chance of happening, which sucks but it’s not too far into the weeds of Gaussian distribution scuffed-ness. Also, if you’re doing higher corruption empowered monos then every blessing has a chance of dropping in the 4th and 5th slots which gives a slightly higher chance.

1 Like

Its just the blessing system. Im okay with item rng and any other rng stuff in the game.
Im not sure why this is a bad idea. An explanation would be cool.

I feel better to have strong blessings because my build is strong and i can run high corruption instead of just rolling the dice.

Because thats what the corruption system already is, (stronger build = higher corruption = better items) why is the blessing system different?

the system is fine. With my first two characters I hit the right blessing most of the times with the first attempt, at the latest after the second or third. With my third character, I had to do most of the monos 5 - 10 times… bad luck I guess. But that’s not so bad, because you have to do the monos anyway for your prophecies or the targetfarming. There is no need to change anything. It’s not a big deal when you have at the beginning of the empowered monos not all blessings right.

Yeah, they revealed it actually.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/1bdw2qe/comment/kuq751n/

The official comment from a dev regarding the topic.
In a dev-talk video it was also shortly revealed that they have in mind to itemize them… which one it’ll be? We’ll see.

The idea is to motivate you to push to 200 corruption so you get a 5th blessing choice and further reduce the RNG. I like the way it currently works.

I agree with it. Many people in steam reviews wrote about it but devs don’t care about it. I droped this game some years ago because this reason. Blessing system in this game is a trash for nolifers and it’s only one way to use it: go further after one try and build with during blessing.

Other than Corruption-gated boss drops, there’s no need to push corruption on every timeline. This is just stupid, for the sake of stupid. Like most of the nested rng decisions this game has.

Y0, dawg! I heardz ya luvs da RNG!!! So we nested y0 RNG inside more RNG inside more RNG inside more RNG. And then we did some mo’ RNG where you never knew ya needed RNG, just so you had RNG where evah ya looked! You wants da RNG, and we gives ya dat phat RNG, dawg!

The 5th blessing is the reason. That’s why I like it. Gives us an endgame.

I don’t think there are any gated boss drop except Omnis.

All of the Shade drops have corruption requirements except the ring & the other one you can get on normal.

I’m playing my sorcerer now due to this for a break. RNG can extend the longevity of the game, just not LE RNG. Everything’s RNG, EVEYTHING. I’m surprised the character select screen isn’t RNG too.

Play our “grind stability” minigame before you choose your character lol.

I have done Age of Winter 5 times now and I ended up getting one of the lowest rolls on the blessing when I got it. I just laughed and I said man, even the roll is random on top of the blessing itself being random… my soul hurts after all this RNG.

1 Like

In honor of the game’s design, I hold off on my fun or disappointment decision until after I have finished my session. Then I random(10000000), and anything less than 3 means I enjoyed myself…any other outcome means I was disappointed.

2 Likes

What’s the hidden reroll chance? And are there lucky or critical rolls?

Because getting a blessing is not hard. Just keep rushing objectives and pushing out your web as far as possible, the backer ones give you more stability.

On average, you probably get to finding your blessing faster than gaining 1 level at 80+ , getting the perfect roll is a much higher RnG than getting the blessing you want.

Good part is that it is obtained through bosses which usually had a target farm demand item.