Blade Dancer Flow: Skills and interactions that work and don't work with Flow

Hey guys, I have noticed that there are some skills that seem to work and not work with the fun mechanic of Blade Dancer’s passive: Flow.

I saw there there isn’t a post where we have a comprehensive list of things that seem to work/not work with flow so I’m hoping this can be a good place where we can put all our findings. I’ll update this message based on community findings/testing. I don’t have all the gear and am not max level, so I will also rely on people’s replies to verify/test what works and what doesn’t work with flow.

Things that work with Flow
Cinder Strike: generates up to 3 Flow. Modifiers such as Volatile Flask triggers do not generate more flow.
Umbral Blades: generates up to 3 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers such as Twilight Assault increases this.
Dancing Strikes: generates up to 4 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.
Flurry: generates up to 1 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.
Thrust: generates up to 1 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.
Shurikens: generates up to 1 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.
Acid Flask: generates up to 1 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.
Puncture: generates up to 1 Flow. Have not tested if modifiers increase this.

Things that don’t work with Flow but seems like it should
Shift with the node Dancing Shadows. The initial Shift will proc Flow, but the automatic Shadow Cascade cast afterwards will not proc or benefit from Flow. This is frustrating because it means you can’t use *Shift to spend your Flow stacks for Shadow Cascade.

As a general rules, any trigger don’t give you flow. You need to actively use a different skills to gain a flow stack or consume them. For example Umbral Blades modifier that add a ‘4th’ combo do work with flow but any skill that trigger another skill wouldn’t work.

1 Like