Bias Blessings Based on Spec'd Skills

General idea: when you roll for which Blessings to offer, use some sort of bias based on the 5 skills the character has trained.

The bias does not have to be large, and you don’t have to eliminate any blessing options. Just tilt it slightly towards the skills trained, if possible.

Main examples:

• slightly make “Throwing Damage Leeched” blessing more likely if the character has any throwing skill trained (Hammer Throw, Shield Throw, Javelin, Shuriken, Umbral Blade, etc.)
  • slightly make “Spell Damage Leeched” blessing more likely for Spell skills trained (Lightning Blast, Elemental Nova, Disintegrate, Hungering Souls, etc.)

The amount can be very small. As long as there is at least some bias, it would prevent these 100+ repeats of a Mono and not getting the blessing you’re after.

I would add another even simpler one…

• A BIAS towards any blessing not already discovered on previous runs…

Perhaps a bias based on an internal counter that ensures that any char will have every blessing discovered by the time they have completed X runs in a particular timeline…

2 Likes

Yes, I’d rather discover an unknown blessing than get a new “roll” on one I’ve already discovered. After I discover them all, sure, then go back to even odds so I can fish for a better roll on my blessing, if that’s how I want to spend my time.

EHG,
my throwing character started Monos at level 52. I did the first two. I am now on the 3rd (The Black Sun) trying to get my Throwing Leech blessing.

I am now level 80 and still on The Black Sun, and still no Blessing.

Please fix asap.

This sounds more like “leech is too powerful as a mechanic and i cant survive without it” problem rather than a blessing problem to me.

I know that blessing farming can be a dick sometimes, but i usually do all empowered meta blessings first before farming the specific ones i want to complete my char. Imo there is no blessing that you absolutely need to make your build run and farming the correct blessing for your build is a min maxing endgame thing. Sure leech is absolutely powerful, but i just wear bleeding heart until im lucky to roll it as a blessing and enjoy the leveling part of my char until lvl 90 rather then being angry for 30-50 levels because of not finding a particular normal timeline blessing.

1 Like

I will try one more time and then see if I can squeeze Bleeding Heart in. Maybe the 50th time is the charm…

Unironically, it did not drop my blessing - it dropped a 1 LP Bleeding Heart.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.