Beta 0.8d Patch Notes

:thinking: I think I missed the patch notes on Sync Strike / Shadow Cascade; the most broken interaction I have ever seen in the past 7 months:

• highest single target damage
  • strongest AoE
  • mana free
  • 1 sec CD
  • risk free (run away while leaving remote atomic bombs behind)
  • best protective skill (ridiculous amount of ward generation)
  • brain dead easy/boring 1 key spam (something designers donā€™t want to promote IIRC)

And yet, Thorn Totem was able to steal the nerf spot, hacking the priority list.
I guess congratulations are in order. I mean, it certainly was not a small feat!

I apologies for how offensive this post might look. Iā€™m just having fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Maybe theyre investigating possible nerfs to it that dont gut the skill interaction and keep its flavor intact.

Just nerf the ward gain and suddenly Rogue will have to think a lot more where to jump in with Synchro. Or gear up/skill up more defensively, which cuts into damage.

Oversights happen all the time, especially in development periods. I would always keep in mind that this is early access and we are still in beta. There is big changes happening all the time with things being added and removed, this is ok.

Is there any ETA for improvements to the character/stash persistance system, especially in regards to crash robustness? Since i lost most of my stuff including character due to a BSOD (only occures with LastEpoch), i am REALLY hesitant to play this game again, since who knows if the time put into it is TOTALLY wasted.

Diablo 2 + 3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Chronicon, Victor Vran, Torchlight 1, 2, even 3, even Sacred never made me lose a thing. Why is this STILL a thing with LastEpoch? I mean, its not like this is a new issue.

Do yourself a favor and make a copy of your save games once a day.
I learned that after my ā€œnew startā€ :wink:

1 Like

Sorcery Staff with 119 Adaptive, some passives, prob 130 adaptive, 900% increased dmg - what more can I do? Maelstrom is weak as is every other spell he has

Maelstrom does 5.8k at 7 stacks, Avalanche does 4k a tick/10k crit, Tornado does 3k at the expense of my whole build

My Cascade Bladedancer can phase Lagon in 17-20 seconds and I tested again and can do 120k PER hit x4 to the dummy with infinite mana with 100% crit rate

1 Like

This almost sounds like they donā€™t try to do anything against losing progress, which they definitely not do.

I bet in all the other games you listed there, alot of people somehow lost progress due to various circumstances.

Losing progress to any bug or crash or what ever is present in any game. It can happen everywhere.

They are working hard on improving the game with every patch, but if you want a fully fleshed out gaming experience wait for release.

Is there any word on when Summon Skeleton Mage (Splintered Dominion node) will be fixed for Pyromancers?

You are refering to the issue, that Pyromancers donā€™t shoot extra projectiles?

That is fixed i think.

I tried it yesterday and it was not fixed for me. I will give it another attempt today and see if it works.

You need to resummon the minion, if you specced into that node.

I would always resummon a minion if you specced int oa new node, most of them need a resummon, since most minions stats are snapshotted when summoned.

Yeah this was after a resummon and a relog but I will try it again.

1 Like

Of course i am not implying they donā€™t do anything about this issue, but as one can see by simply googling this issue exists already for a pretty long time in this game (at least since April 2020).

The games i mentioned iā€™ve been playing a lot, and of course there have been crashes too, but i never lost a character or stash; but maybe i was simply lucky. E.g. i have over 10.000hrs in Path of Exile, still i havenā€™t lost anything there, although i joined the first day of the public beta (granted: they use a pure server-based persistence system, but their system works). In comparison to the maybe 50hrs i put into LastEpochā€¦ i mean you can see yourself that the relation between those too numbers is not too tiny, to put it nicely. Effectively: 10K hrs no loss, 50hrs, already 2 losses.

I am troubled by the fact that this issue, which in my opinion is a really hefty one for a game genre where you put a lot of time into building and gearing your character (i.e. your save slots) - still isnā€™t solved. From my perspective, e.g. business-wise and customer/player-retention-wise this would be one of the core things i would ensure that are super robust.

So maybe you can understand why i am hesitant to put time in this game at the current state unless they announce some fixed/improvements to the persistence system.

1 Like

I do understand, people being hesitant to put time into a game, when they experienced progression loss.
Thatā€™s sucks, no doubt.

I canā€™t say i have the ā€œfull pictureā€, i know a handful of people that had some kind of data/progression loss, but i donā€™t think that this is a very common issue. At least from my time being very active on the forums.

I am pretty sure, the way data is saved and protected from such issue will improve, especially with MP coming at some point, maybe SP will also benefit from new systems/tech, but i donā€™t know.

I am just not aware of any ā€œcommon/known issueā€ that leads to data loss, i guess alot of those cases might be more individual and are maybe not related to some ā€œbig issueā€, but i might be wrong.

2 Likes

Alright, at least it is a small relief that this doesnā€™t seem to be a really common issue, maybe i was just unlucky this time. No doubt i will play this game again, but maybe iā€™ll just wait or as, proposed, rely on making backups for now.

1 Like

This is still a EA/Beta and if you run into any issue, you should report them. I saw you reported the crash with a DxDiag, next time you run into any similar issue try to follow these steps and do a more detailed crash report.

How to Get Help with Crashing Issues - Last Epoch Support Hub (lastepochgame.com)
The Gameā€™s Log File - Last Epoch Support Hub (lastepochgame.com)

Thatā€™s a way, how you as a player can affect this game getting better for everyone, which is pretty much the goal of EA.

1 Like

Thank you for that info, i already read that and tried to follow the steps back then when i filed that report, but besides the DxDiag the ā€˜C:\Users\MY_USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Crashesā€™ directory was empty, most likely due to the fact that it was a BSOD, not a CTD. In the first case it is very unlikely that any cleanup/crash handlers are called before the OS level will take over control (and create its own crash dump). In the latter case the proposed method should/would work.

Nevertheless of course i will continue to report any issues that i may stumble upon and which are not already in the Known Issues list.

2 Likes

Try to put the Graphics Settings to Low. The graphical quality is still really good and no BSODs. Try it. Saved my gaming LE experience!

1 Like

I say it againā€¦

Copy the savegame once a day or better after every session. So you will loose some hours of progress maximumā€¦

I takes 10 seconds a day to minimize the problem yourself

Thanks for that hint, i will try that :slight_smile: