Beta 0.8.4c Patch Notes

Thanks for pumping out hotfixes! Looking forward to when the upheaval sound issue is resolved.

1 Like

And i’m still not sure why it mentions Removing the requirement for a spear.

• Arm Blade slash doesn’t require a spear
  • Viper’s Call just uses the tree of Serpent strike, nothing in the tree requires a spear.

All stating “removes spear” requirement does if incorrectly imply that this node makes Armblade slash use Serpent Strike. Which it does not do. All this does is add to the confusion that people will then assume it gets:

• increased poison chance
  • increased poison duration
  • Dexterity scaling for increased poison chance.

To me it makes more sense to clarify that it just gets the tree nodes, it doesn’t use the skill Serpent Strike at all.

1 Like

How I understand it should be:
Having Shadows and using Ubral Blades directly should have my shadows throw a Blade that then turns into a Bladestorm. This wasn’t the case before and is a new mechanic.

How it currently works: My Shadows throw their Blades and sometimes the thrown Blade by the shadow turns into a Bladestorm, sometimes not (and the shadow is turning into a bladestorm).

This happens no matter how many Shadows or Bladestorms I have up…

But I think I get, what happens:
The Bladestorms of my Shadows get instantly terminated, when my Shadows also drop a Bladestorm when they vanish…

If this is what you meant, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! thank you dev team ;>

I actually wish they added it to the loot filter. Or maybe when the legendary drops you can see it on the text without having to hover your mouse over it.

Think I will finally try a Spriggy build soon.
Great work on hotfixes this past week.

Does the damage increase only show up on enemies and not the target dummy? I ask as the bleed stacks get consumed, but my damage is the exact same on the dummy with the same number of locusts consumed (testing with 5) and 0 stacks of bleed or 15+ stacks of bleed.

Yes, the node states enemies and the dummy is not an enemy so can’t proc the node.

Can we also add a filter for forging potential? If it is already in then thanks, otherwise I have not been able to make it work for me. =/

Except the bleed stacks ARE consumed, hence my confusion.

there is a lot of change for just 2 days, testing team clearly home for christmas now xD

To expand on this, I can visibly see an increase in area per bleed stack consumed with the dummy, but not the damage. If if this were somehow an issue with the dummy being the target, I would expect to not see the stacks consumed or the area increase. Yet those work but not the damage.

ANNNNNNDDDDDD now my poison setup sucks

Like what is the POINT of doing it that way if the bladestorms left cannot exceed 3 casts, self casting just becomes better.

You’re mad that a known bug you were exploiting got fixed?

1 Like

Upheaval stuttering issue isn’t fix on this patch

“bug” I say it was a feature

a sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature

I don’t know. damage is surely nerfed, but my ignite variant UB decimate empowered abomination in 45s and still having ridiculous clear. I expect other ailment to still perform well. Though, I do wish they just introduce more nodes to get more bladestorm with less damage instead. Many bladestorm build is one of the most fun I had in LE.

Sound bug still happens. In my case It’s almost immediately triggered after traveling between epochs.

Shadows can do more damage than self cast…much more.

im playing this build and it just lost a huge amount of effectiveness but at the same time I was always on negative mana as I would spam Sync strike continually so I needed -throw cost affix. Might play around with the Poison explosions and stack throwing speed

Was pretty obvious it would be fixed though

edit: just respec’d Umbral to 10 points, put in Explosion node, 250% dmg node and poison convert. Using Sync strike twice while under Smoke Bomb plus throwing Umbral twice = 235k poison tick on dummy

Sync Strike can still throw mutiplie knives just not make more than 3 Bladestorms

I have also considered offering German and English at the same time. Would that actually be accepted by @EHG?
Ich habe auch schon überlegt jeweils deutsch und englisch gleichzeitig anzubieten. Würde das eigentlich von @EHG akzeptiert?