Beta 0.8.3c Patch Notes

Enemies gain 1% penetration per level up to level 75. Extra resistance above 75% does not have any effect against this.

That means for level 75+ you take 75% more damage at 0% resistance and 0% more damage at 75% resistance. The purpose of this is to make it less punishing to be slightly below capped resistance. For example if you have 50% resistance (25% below the cap) you only take 25% more damage, whereas in a standard resistance system without this scaling penetration you would take 100% more damage.

The only use for resistance above the cap is to counter debuffs that reduce your resistance such as resistance shred and the Mark for Death curse.

5 Likes

Iā€™m gunning for your unique, bae. As soon as my vacation is over, Gaspar will will je was never born!

1 Like

Please embermage still op doing offscreen! you guys are doing a amazing job, but please solve the embermage!
I think his problem is the range and not the meteorā€™s cast time!
If I enter an arena with a haste modifier, itā€™s certain death, without even seeing it!

And I also realize that the stun is too strong for the players and weā€™ve become almost untouchable, I think it should have a 2 second cooldown and 1 second stun duration!
Builds that rely on stun mechanics to have increases and more damage, could put the mobs into stun effect, but not take the stun paralysis!
Breaking the mechanics that make players untouchable is more effective than increasing mobs damage and health.

Glad to see the changes. Mono should be fun now.

Please look into spine hunter alpha damage or bleed, and crystal elemental possible lightning shotgun as well.

Ouch, the nerf is big! Letā€™s hope the values are now OK, but thank you for acknowledging the global feeling and for reacting!

Anyone else having crashes? I played 6h yesterday without any issues, today the game constantly crashes at random times.

Edit: Im not on steam, its a full installation via client.

Thank you for all these fast patches. The shotgun mechanic on the last big snakie finally got wrecked. Good, only US can be allowed to one shot after all.

Admittedly Iā€™m not that happy with the nerfs to Majasa.

As @Llama8 has pointed out in another thread, itā€™s a matter of knowledge and learning. Not only the fight but also propper character building.

This isnā€™t meant to be a ā€œl2pā€ response. Itā€™s related to my personal experience.

In the past we had several threads where people stated that the overall difficulty of the story is way to low. Thus the gameplay might feel boring for people if itā€™s just a walk in the park.

With this feedback in mind the content got a bit harder, but the overall difficulty curve became smoother.

Actually were getting the higher difficulty in the story. And imho this isnā€™t a bad thing.

Iā€™ve played the last chapter before patch several times with fresh SSF characters and no BIS gear with different builds like Void Knight, Necromancer and Bladedancer. There were some points where I could not get past in the first try. for example the Crystal Lotus. This beast was hard. But on the 3rd or 4th try, when I adapted to the pattern, maybe visited the gambler to get a better ring, I was able to beat it.

My point is that there wasnā€™t and isnā€™t a difficulty spike throughout the story that canā€™t be beaten. Itā€™s just that people adapt to the obstacles differently and also at different speed.

To me it seems a bit impatient in some cases. Thereā€™s no harm if thereā€™s a boss (itā€™s the final boss for the 1.0 release) that canā€™t be done in the first try. And if your build struggles at Majasa, you will propably also struggle with later mono bosses. Nerfing Majasa means that you now donā€™t need to adapt and can beat her with worse gear and fleshed out build. This doesnā€™t help on the long run, because now people did not learn what they did wrong.

Most cases itā€™s just undrusing the crafting system and not knowing the best synergies, using low level item bases, etc. At some point people have to learn this. Else it will just push that exact experience to a later point in the endgame. A story endboss is a nice milestone for this. Why not let it feel like an achievement to have beaten the story, rather than make it accessible for everybody without effort.

When I remember Wolcen, the good memories are the bossfights, that were really challenging on the higher difficulty on a first timer character. I couldnā€™t beat the first one for 2 days. I was nervous when I faced the second one. This was really nice.

I get that this is all depending on personal preference. And a huge part of my opinion is biased because I play LE already for so long. Iā€™m aware of this. A new player might struggle with that difficulty. But how long ste you considered to be classified a new player? Chapter 9 already is a dozen of hours into the game.

My take on difficulty would have been (as suggested some times already) to have gear as quest rewards that has some fix affixes that help the player to build defenses properly. So nobody ends up at the start of chapter 9 with 0% poison resistance because he ā€œforgotā€ to build it.

Saying all this Iā€™m sure that EHG have made the right decision for the majority of their player base. I just wanted to share an opposite opinion within all the praises for the nerfs.

Cheers
:v::rainbow:

6 Likes

I get your preference for harder boss. I enjoy the monolith bosses as well as they need attention and strategy. Ch 9 should be 8 hours or so into the story though, so the nerf is warranted. Hopefully, not overnerfed. Anyway, if the direction is to make the story harder, I would prefer the earlier ch 5-7 to be slightly harder to account for the mastery power spike. 8 is okay. Then the difficulty keep increasing til final act 12.

actually i do not see any change here, was just blasted instantly when the indicator appeared from group of 5 ascendants in arena ;/

I agree with many elements here, but not all.
I agree till the landing of Talon. Till that moment, it was harder than chapter 8, but in a totally normal way.
After the landing, I felt a real peak. In the past, there was a slight difficulty peak after the Immortal Emperor and another difficulty peak when arriving on Lagonā€™s island. In chapter 9, when landing on this roof, I felt a peak that was in no way comparable to the two previous ones. I wil exagerate a bit and say it was not a peak, it was a mountain.
So I really hoped EHG would reevaluate the difficulty. They did it and the nerf is strong. I just hope itā€™s not too strong. But even if it is, itā€™s beta. We try it multiple times, we give feedback, they make decisions. Thatā€™s the most important.
All that said, your idea of a gear quest is excellent. And it should start early campaign, in fact, as a recurrent quest. How can we ā€œforgetā€ to strengthen against poison if nothing tells us there is poison? Same for Void, Necrotic, Cold and Lightningā€¦

Knowledge, learning, and not being a Necromancer.

I struggled more with my Warpath Paladin. Necro is just running around and evading stuff, while your minions kill the boss.

With all the whining about Necros being too weak, I get the feeling that you either accidentally selected masochist mode or youā€™re doing something fundamentally wrong with your builds.

Never ever have I struggled the slightest way with a Necro during story content. Itā€™s easy mode compared to other classes and almost feels like cheating.

Absolutely no clue, where you are coming from.