Beta 0.8.2 Patch Notes

Me neither. Just downloaded the update and now I’m fiddling. :smiley:

Same here… gonna be a late late night for me… :wink:

1 Like

Let’s keep personal attacks and childish posts out of a patch notes post lol.

my 2 cents on the mana changes…
Honestly the mana regen rate should have stayed the same, kept the mana spend decrease, and added mana gen increase affixes. This would allow a greater arrange of builds, not impact current builds, and give more diversity.

Removing mana efficiency hurts channeling builds and doesn’t provide another way to buff it at all from my knowledge(this is coming from some one with no channeling builds yet so I’m not biased towards them).

This would also allow a greater way for high spend mana builds to come around with a higher base, and having a hybrid of mana efficiency and regen.

Either way can’t wait to test the other changes when I get home, will be honest not excited to redo my idols and make things fit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looking forward to trying things out!

Games looking pretty awesome after this patch!

These two, and probably many other builds don’t use either Focus or Mana Strike.
I’ll agree that many do and need to use them, but lets not act like they’re a necessity, they’re a choice.

No, that’s just called balancing, and recognizing that there is more to this game than trying to make the greatest number of possible builds viable (whatever that very non specific term means).

Its a step in the right direction. Just because you’re reacting emotionally doesn’t make this not true, and doesn’t negate the fact that if it is true, then they’re taking steps in a direction many players have asked them to.

There are objectively more, you’re just focusing on the affixes themselves, but not considering the choices you’ll now have to make in skill trees, and the passive trees themselves, this isn’t even mentioning the new ring base type.

Exactly. But this is all subjective, and EHG are receptive to feedback. This is what they want to try. And honestly, it is objectively worse in one aspect, but could considerably engage the users in considering more choices now. And maybe that’s what they want.

I’ll just quote myself to save time:

How do you define balancing? In what specific way has a greater balance been achieved post patch?

What’s “the right direction” you speak of? I’ve wanted more options to choose between in regards to mana management, this patch gives me less.

I’ve presented plenty of arguments for why I think this is a change moving in the wrong direction, perhaps I’ve accidentally skimmed over the points you might have made earlier, but please quote them if that’s the case.

What’s this “choice”? That some classes got something like 10-20% mana regen in their passive trees?
At most it just negates the change, but my point has been that the large majority of classes get more efficient mana generation from skill nodes or passives linked to skills and will not go out of their way for mana regen. This change will not make them stack mana regen, at most you’ll see people go for it on the belt to restore status quo, since most builds don’t care much for more than 1 belt prefix.

This patch is awesome! Very good work gentlemen!

Great job with the release, keep them coming.

Still no fix for lagon hit area…

But the melee minions should “work” now with Lagon. My Golem certainly did.

Holy Aura got wreccckeed

I really love some of these, neutral to most, and absolutely fracking HATE the mana changes. Mentioned this on Discord…

These mana changes in general are just… awful.
I know devs really want mana to be an “important” stat, but that only happens when you have a reason to build around it. Doing it just for “resource management” is the absolute s
*iest feeling in these games–especially for a game with 33% less affixes on gear.

Massive props for UI, Chat, Filter, VFX, and Mono changes though.

They more than doubled mana regen % values though.

now if only they had introduced a way to repsec mastery that be great for people who messed up their builds

Careful, its like PoE for real money…

Didn’t see this at first, noticed it while playing though. Came back and checked if you listed it in the patch notes. Glad it’s finally fixed, the bug was pretty rippy.

It’s a shame I can only “Like” this once…

Agree on most of this. I also agree that a certain user has been a bit over the top in his posts, but I also agree with the underpinning philosophy behind his posts:
Punishing someone for not investing is shitty. Rewarding them for investment is good.

That said, on the point of removing cost efficiency and its impact on channeling, it forces channeling builds to build a large pool and a lot more regen so they can fill it up between fights to use it. Basically, it forces a very heavy level of investment to make them feel right.

This might be okay if there was enough affix room on gear for all this kind of stuff, but this game has 1/3 less than most mainstream ARPGs out there while trying to force a comparable number of “decisions” on the player about where to put what (without enough room).

This is where I see the issue.

So yeah, +1 to bolded part.

1 Like

Minions behave themselves now? Say no more: :heart:

1 Like