Beta 0.8.2 Patch Notes

Let’s not forget channeling builds which can’t take advantage of the boosted mana regen affixes but will suffer from the removal of “mana efficiency” affixes.

3 Likes

Stay cool and take it (the mana theme) just sporty, this’ will certainly not be the last ballance change.
→ I for one am looking forward to tinkering again. :+1:

All in all, I’m confident and most looking forward to the MP mode including the bazaar.

Yea, its a balance change. They are trying to figure out where the baseline should be. It doesn’t seem any better or worse at face value. It’s a bit of an overreaction to claim it is without sufficient testing.

Exactly.

Now all critics (criticism is something good) have about 8 weeks to prove that the game has changed more for the worse than for the better.
→ So, don’t just spout slogans, provide evidence! (and compare it with Boardman21-Builds and consorts)
So we get the best possible result in the end. Thanks already!

There are 2 kinds of people, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data…

2 Likes

I think a lot of people dont realise / remember that the game is still in Beta and things like this are exactly what the devs need to do to see what happens and how it affects players, builds, playstyles etc…

If they didnt do this the 1.0 launch would be a catastrophe…

Personally I find neither buffs or nerfs an issue - I find every change / patch exciting and it motivates me to stratch under the hood and play another 50 hours just seeing what worked, what broke and if I like it better than before… but I am a sucker for punishment… :wink:

2 Likes

Soooo you’re saying we shouldn’t provide feedback? Because it’s a beta?

This isn’t my first Rodeo man, I see this argument every single time we go through the pre-release development cycle. Dev XYZ makes change A, N% of playerbase hates it and makes it clear, M% of playerbase doesn’t have a strong opinion but makes this argument that it’s ok because it’s a beta and they can always change it layer. Dev XYZ never reverts change and game goes live as such because large % either didn’t care or didn’t speak up, despite change being poor for many.

Because it’s a beta and they CAN still make changes is exactly why we should speak up. It is not an excuse to defend bad changes.

The number of Changes implemented in a beta that I’ve seen reverted or reworked before launch I can count on 1 hand in 30 years.

1 Like

You should have read the following…:

…maybe this would have inspired you and you would now look for evident contents in the game instead of whining around again.

I’m sorry you don’t have the capacity to look at the game as is, look at the changes and do the BASIC math to see that it is not good. I’m sorry that it was clearly posted and pointed out. You claiming that there is no evidence is not a lack of evidence. It’s been pointed out. But hey you know, just be derogatory, that’s cool. Thanks for making it clear that you have nothing of value to contribute to this or any future discussion. Saves me time in the long run.

1 Like

Nope thats not what I said…

This includes player feedback… and they need to do this now while they can change anything they like in the game because everyone expects it…

The point I am making is that the game patch has been live for an hour… No-one can possibly put together a full analysis and provide more than a knee jerk reaction to the buffs & nerfs in that time…

3 Likes

@Llama8

All that damage for Sigils. Hmmmmmm. Will it finally be a viable damage dealer? :smiley:

Rarely experienced so much arrogance, there were no m#nk#ys in this forum until now.
I do NOT like the personal track at all, but for you I make an exception (a single post):

It reads almost like someone else here (I can’t remember who) who said he had passed the MENSA tests. The 130 I still bring loose in the wake coma on the mat, do not make yourselves ridiculous.
TRY AGAIN!

/Personal rail off/
PS: The search for evidence remains and is open to you the next 8 weeks in any case! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am out here.

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

I would suggest you actually test what is there. You even admitted the data was incomplete. Some of that data could be new nodes on the trees that make mana regen far superior to what it was. I have a job though, and don’t actually get to play for another several hours.

Okay so this has me intrigued.

The ability to change how an effect looks? That’s actually pretty dang cool.

3 Likes

Crows?
A murder of crows?
A murder of lightning shooting crows?

Haha, count me in :smiley:

3 Likes

Just a side note on this one… I have been playing since Aug and the devs have already fundamentally changed Crafting, Gambling, Resistances, Armour & damage mitigation mechanics, they have changed entire passive trees for some classes - all from the original designs and now they are changing PLENTY more including entirely new UIs… And this is one game…

Yeah. This even happens in games that are live and NOT in beta. I think it’s the nature of the beast for anything that is larger than a group of five people (even then I bet it happens.) You’ll have the vocal minority who screams it’s a travesty to all mankind. You’ll have another vocal minority who shrieks it’s the greatest things since sliced bread. Then you’ll have pretty much everyone else in the middle.

I always prefer it when the folks in the middle end up the happiest. But, regardless, the two vocal minorities are going to scream no matter WHAT the devs do.

EDIT: And, just in case, OF COURSE, they need feedback. But there’s feedback and then there’s SEE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPHS.

2 Likes

I know, not got round to testing them yet.

1 Like

Me neither. Just downloaded the update and now I’m fiddling. :smiley:

Same here… gonna be a late late night for me… :wink:

1 Like