Beastmaster Tempest Strike Aftershock - 8-12M dps and 12k stable ward at high end gearing (Not an earthquake build)

Yes they do but because you have converted them to Damage Over Time in the Upheaval Node, they also scale with DoT, and I thought DoT scales better than % Physical Damage does.
Not speccing Upheaval, but probably jsut a slip up there, you emanrt Earthquake, all good.

It converts all hit damage, meaning you can still scale hit damage and get the same scaling, even though it is now dealing the hit damage over time. The skill (Aftershock, it’s a separate skill) still has all the melee tags attached to it.

Yes it does not actually HIT anymore, but that doesn’t matter in terms of scaling hit damage. A DoT skill like ignite won’t do more damage if you add Melee Fire Damage to a weapon for instance. Aftershock does.

So you can scale either Damage over time or Physical damage, doesn’t matter and both have the same tier of affixes and they are the same increased multiplier. The downside with scaling Damage over time specifically is that it does ONLY scale your aftershocks and nothing else, while phys damage scales every damaging ability you use (namely Tempest strike, but also to a small extent your leap).

T7 Ring affix for Increased Physical Damage is 96% to 120%, identical to T7 Damage Over Time affix.

Cheers.

Fair enough. I assumed they scaled different. Sounded like you were using Fire damage to scale Ignite instead of Elemental DoT etc. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Bra jobbat! Cool build, finaly a use for singularity, but whats the difference if you stack atk spd and have peak of the mountain?

Tried to edit my reply but it got deleted, I must have fudged up somehow. Your opportunity cost of going crit is non-zero, and quite a bit more than what this build could afford to give up.

The main issue is however that, afaik, even though Aftershock scales mele hit damage after it’s conversion to DoT it can not crit, since that is a universal condition applying to all DoTs. Aftershock does not hit with the upheaval node, but it does retain the melee tag. Skills that does not hit, cannot crit.

Have at it and see if you can make it work, I predict you will be affix and passive starved, and no matter what you will end up playing a Earthquake build, not an aftershock build.

EDIT: If you want to play a crit beastmaster Earthquake build I would recommend checking out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUd-pTSgaSI by TheCurse. It’s a build, and it’s strong. Not sure how fun it would be to actually farm monos on though.