BD ignite / ward?

Hi all,
Got a build idea when looking at “humming bee” sword, to create some ignite/ward build for a BD.
Here is what i imagine:

The idea is to convert bleed to ignite (glove) and create ward with melee hit (sword)/shadow creation (idol) and a bit of ward by second (helm/blessing).
I never really played with ward, so i don’t know at all if this is enough to be viable at end game.
And I have not yet tried at all to level a new BD to test it…
Does some expert can tell me if it seems a build usable at “high end” or not at all ?
Thanks forward :slight_smile:

Gut feeling… You will probably be okish for damage, but you are going to get your butt kicked defense wise… You have glancing blow but no dodge no armour no health (or health gain/leech other than GB passive/flurry leech)… and even with the high attack speed, I dont think you will generate enough Ward to compensate for such low Health… I dont think the skill based health gen or temp armour boosts is going to be enough…

So first off: Ward is definitely a niche/off meta playstyle for Rogue.

Rogue does have plenty of small sources of Ward regeneration, but it’s just a secondary defensive layer.

BUT

If you wanna embrace it fully, I would highly recommend playing with either Last Step Of The Living (boots) and/or Exsanguinous (Body Armour)

This way you can utilize the Death’s Door Passive in Blade Dancer, which gives massive amounts of Crit and DR.

I would also highly recommend to use Smoke Bomb with Shadows/second generation, which is basically all the Ward per shadow created you can get from idols and class specific idols generated per second.

The Ivory Rings are a very good choice, because Ward retention is the Stat that will have the most significant impact on you.

I would also use 10 points in Argent Veil (for silver Shroud)

did you seen this?

yes, but it is a bleed version, and not really compatible with ignite, except the sword, that seems a bit better with ignite than bleed.
And it feels counter productive to use crit item in a dot build, just to get ward.
There is no ignite version of valdyr relic.
I could maybe use “bleeding heart”, but already too many unique in my build, if then i should at least remove the helm.
And so add unique for BP/Boots is quite impossible in this build, not enough resist/CritAvoidance/health…
After including most of your idea, this version should be better maybe ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.