Ballista Falconer vs Explosive Ballista Falconer Help Please

So I like minion builds, always have no matter the game. So far I am enjoying leveling and just having fun with the campaign, playing the Falconer Leveling Build (I am new, didn’t get involved until just under a week before 1.0 launch) so I am a real newbie. However I do like to plan ahead and have a path in mind, so to that end I am trying to decide between Ballista Falconer and Explosive Ballista Falconer both on the Maxroll site, and I am hoping some more experienced players who understand the game mechs might be able to help me out.

Which one is simpler to play and which one has more suvivability? I am at a disadvantage due to a health condition that does affect my relexes negatively, among other cognitive skills, so I will never be great at whatever I play, so I am trying to find a balance between fun and manageable for me. So I like the look of these builds for fun but trying to figure out which would be more manageable for me endgame.

Edit: Yes I am aware that Falconer has only been out a few days so no one have much experience with it. But what I mean when I asked for helped from someone who was more experienced with game mechs, I mean game mechs in general, who can read and understand how skills will work and interact. So even without having played Falconer a lot, experienced gamers could look over a build and understand how it will work and so on.

1 Like

I would also be interested in the experience of others in these two variants.

I have several related builds I am trying out (only levels 30-40 so far):

• Falconer with Explosive Trap proccing exploding Ballistas
  • Falconer with Explosive Trap proccing non-exploding Ballistas
  • Falconer manually casting turret Ballistas and using a 0-mana bow skill (wielding Uethrin’s Stand bow) to recover mana (using the Sapping Strikes node).

One reason I am trying the second listed one (Expl Trap, turrent Ballistas) is to see if the damage holds up against the procced exploding Ballistas because the turrets don’t need to land as precisely, so if you miss the toss of Traps, the turret still functions, whereas the exploding Ballista might blow up in a useless place.

The manual-thrown Ballista build is to try out a more totem-like style, where the turrets can be tossed more casually (aiming not that important) and only the mana-builder needing some aim in-between. In general I find aiming and dodging AoE at the same time to be difficult, so it sounds like we have some similar concerns.

1 Like