Balance patch mid cycle?

Are we going to get a balance patch mid season? No nerfs, but buffs to the under performing specs. Or should we expect primalist and sentinel to be trash the whole season? Feels bad knowing that bad specs will be bad a whole season.

What’s wrong with Sentinel? I’ve played both a Paladin and Void Knight and they are both fine (if Paladin not a little overtuned due to healing hands). Forge knight could use some love, I agree, but I am sure it will get its rework in due time.

Are they on par with say falconer, warlock, or rune master? Not even close. They could use a buff to bring them closer to those specs level

nah, no real reason to. all the time it would take mathing out number changes takes away from dev time.

Paladin can be > falconer and warlock… Depending on items and are you talking about stable pushing 2k+ without dying or speed clearing with deaths included? They are different playstyles but overall, not a fan of it in general.

Also, you are most likely not getting to 6k+ without a paladin in your party. I have seen 3 6k+ parties and all had a pally.

Ideally, I would want balances and changes anytime just like bug fixes but realistically, it will stir up too many problems doing so because there will always be something more meta and always be better than others by far.

It depends on what we are comparing it with and where. Different classes should work for better in different places/bosses but most importantly every class should be able to do all content eventually.

This is why this must be done at the end of a cycle. Balances can only done as close as possible but people will always find ways to exploit it and make it play much better than others.

So long as that dev time goes into ensuring there isn’t so much disparity in class balance in the next Cycle… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

a lot of the stuff is bug fixing too.

There needs to be balance updates. It’s for the health of the game. Like right now ward at its current state is not healthy for the longevity of the game

There should be balance patches mid cycles. It’s healthy for the game. Balance patches retains players throughout a season. Personally I’ve given up on my void knight, because it’s far easier to push on my lock, marksman, and rune master. I would prefer to play a vk, but not at the expense of making it harder to do content when it’s far easier to do the same/harder content on a other classes.

New breed of gamers is very different… wanting to keep pushing further than ideal end game that has infinite levels and no new content…

There are more ways to retain players and I think a far and much better way would be to set up for next season to be more efficient…

As much as I agree on balances mid cycle, I also see bigger picture of it’s not a good idea and does more harm then good…

IMO, I’d much rather them work on what needs to be worked on so next season and future is much more accepting. The main problem is the progression rate just not working well altogether with the item dropping and economy.

Ideally I’d expect to keep having to looking for upgrades to push further for newer content. As of now, the drop rates are not bad, in fact, more than I’d like as you can push ideal baseline end with ease so to me, it’s pointless. We are pushing and getting stronger to only get higher corruption where the mobs/bosses/maps/etc. are all the same. Least they could do is provide new areas and skills on mobs, especially bosses.

If we can scale at a rate where our upgrades will always help us further progress and further explore the world and content then we will be at a good spot. It will make the rush of excitement more to grind and get better gear to progress.

Of course you will always have selective people that have different opinions but this applies to everything. Just look at how successful other games. Majority of MMO gears have beyond terrible drop rates, it only started with D3 and onwards that games started flooding with drops and to me, that is a terrible direction for a role playing game.

Of course we will eventually hit a wall but it should be a state of progression where while its possible in a timely manner to reach, the more dedicated, experienced players will reach sooner rather than just someone lucky.

The end game content should require some skill to reach but also at a point where the difficulty will go down as you scale higher. Equipment/Levels/etc.|

At the end, everything is my opinion, there is no right or wrong. When they stop trying to make both groups of audiences happy, single player/co-op & massive multiplayer, they will start being able to get stuff done quicker.