Awkward Stash Vertical Size (17 rows) Leaves Gap

The current stash tab is 17 total rows and 12 width. 17 is not easily divisible by the normal item heights leaving an awkward gap at the top. Width does not have any issues as 12 is divisible by 2.

Item sizes for height are: 1, 2, 3, 4. This means if you put the same type of item in the same tab (for example, a tab with only body armors), you will always end up with a gap unless its rings/amulets/belts as seen below:

The ideal height would be 12 or 24 (as they are both divisible by 1, 2, 3, and 4). Realizing that an extra 7 rows would be hard to fit in, while not ideal, a height of 18 would still be a big improvement as it would allow for everything except 4 height weapons to fit nicely. One extra row should be able to be fit in if the upper “stash” label was shrunk slightly:

8 Likes

Regardless of the number you will always have a gap if you don’t press the convenient little button at the bottom that says sort. It works great. The size of things can be any number of units high from 1-4, so the number being 17 doesn’t matter.

Except it does matter if you want to organize your stash tabs (e.g. a single stash tab for body armor and a single stash tab for gloves). It’ll only fill it up if you decide to mix and match equipment. The organize button does nothing to solve this.

1 Like

Aschere is correct, imo. To most, the stash is a lot of small squares and that’s simply enough. But having some sense and method to everything is the game isn’t a negative imo. This would be a simple fix and make the game slightly better, even if it’s so small it would go unnoticed by some.

2 Likes

This is actually a common feedback from the earliest alpha days. What you want is a stash size that is a common multiple of all the basic dimensions of items in the game. (To nitpick on your suggestion, that multiple is 12. So 18 doesn’t actually work well because then stacking items of height 4 will leave a gap of 2.

EDIT: I just realise you actually mentioned this yourself. I just didn’t fully digested your post when I replied. My apologies).

I’ve voted for your feedback but at this point I’m not hopeful for the devs to make changes to this.

I think if we don’t see this happen in the MP client we won’t ever see this.

2 Likes

Yep, this is going to bug the hell out of my autistic brain.
Have a vote and a like :slight_smile:

1 Like

But 12 would be a lot smaller. Even in his example picture there is a gap regardless of what size you pick after 12. It’s arbitrary between 12-24, and 24 might be too big. As I stated, you will never have a gap if you just use the sort function. My stash tabs are full to the top.

I don’t think you appreciate the issue we’re bringing up. There’s some of us who like to keep the same type/dimension of item in a tab. Eg I have a tab with only 2x2 shields and a tab with 4x2 2handers. Your solution only works if you dump items with all kind of dimension in a tab and allow it to sort itself out.

2 Likes

You are completely missing the whole point. If you dump all your gear disorganized into a stash tab, then yeah, you don’t care. If you organize your gear into specific tabs by item type (e.g. tab with gloves and tab with boots) then you will always have a gap on the top. The sort functionality does nothing to change the math that 17 doesn’t divide by 2, 3, or 4.

18 would be far more acceptable, I’m kinda suprised they went with a large prime number of 17.

3 Likes

Doesn’t work at 16 either. Or 15. Or 14. If you organize like that you will always have a gap unless it’s divisible by 12. We don’t want the stash significantly smaller because you want to organize your stash a specific way without gaps, and 24 might be too big.

He is saying that 18 is not perfect, but it is still an improvement. I don’t get the rejection to add just 1 more row to the stash. It is not unreasonable and if it is possible development time wise, why not?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.