When we transition to our new forum in the near future, one of the features will be a library of images you can choose between when selecting an avatar. This library will consist entirely of art created by Eleventh Hour Games for Last Epoch, and we will be expanding it over time as additional suitable pieces of art become available. If there is anything in particular you’d like to see included, let us know here!

The wiki has a gallery of some of our art here: https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Skill_Icons_Gallery

Nice gallery! There’s a few I’m going to use when it’ll be available.
How about adding also some LE monsters’ art?

Thanks!

If you let me know which art you like, I’ll make sure we include those images in the avatar library. There may be a handful of images here that aren’t on the previous page: https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/User:Sarno/Icons

We don’t really have suitable art for monsters (or classes, unfortunately) yet. I’ve been mainly concentrating on skill art as those icons are designed to be a similar size to avatars which helps a lot. When quests are implemented I may be able to repurpose some portraits created for dialogue windows. I’m hoping I might be able to get an artist to create dedicated art for avatars, but the Rogue’s hairstyle hasn’t been 100% set in stone just yet.

can we submit our own avatars’ proposals?
Of course, only those consistent with copyright.
First what I need to do is download this game and learn something about new Artifact cards, when I’ll be already then I’ll buy some deck for beginner and play with It. There is no too much time to the premiere date and released day so buy cards and learn something.
Artifact Dota VaLVE CARDS!!1 Odealo MMO Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade Game Currency, Gold, Items

We only plan on offering avatars using art created by Eleventh Hour Games.

1 Like

Awesome gallery, but I hope there will be more rogue and bow based art avatars although base class not yet implemented. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to clarify: we’re not using every image on the wiki.

The point of the thread is to let us know if there’s something in particular you’d like to see as an option.

I’m resetting the avatars of regular posters to prepare for the transition to the new forum.

The plan is that you’ll have that image by default, but can change to any in the library.

Awesome work. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice set so far. Just need more melee oriented avatars. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any in particular you’d like to suggest? :slight_smile:

Tempest, Swipe, and Void Blade have some nice icons. Rive, Enchant Weapon, and Mana Strike are variations on the same theme.

1 Like

I’ll see about including a row of icons focused on melee the next time I update the library.

Appreciate the suggestions!

Anything with a face / character on it would be nice, although I think all of the current pets and such are in already. All 20 of the Class symbols (the bases and the outers) would be good as well, for people who want to show their main loyalty. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

I’ve spoken with the team about kidnapping an artist, and the response was “maybe one day.” I am wondering if the implementation of quests will lead to NPC portraits suitable for inclusion in the library. Until the Rogue’s appearance is 100% set in stone, it doesn’t make sense to have an artist create art for her only for it to possibly need to be redone later.

I originally included the class icons, but removed them for a few reasons. Their transparent background didn’t look great. A bigger problem was that they’re fundamentally busier images than our skill art and scaling them down so much made them look a lot worse. The skill art is designed to be seen at approximately this size, so doesn’t usually have that problem.

I do definitely agree with the need for human portraits and the desire to have some way of representing a class - myself and the Game Director were literally discussing this at 5:30 am this morning. Just a matter of trying to balance being economical with keeping the images suitable. As I said, I’ll see what happens when Chapter One’s quests are done.

1 Like

No Eterra’s Blessing Icon? D:

1 Like

I never got used to that… when I think of you, I think of the old Ice Ward icon. :stuck_out_tongue:

That one would work too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any discussion about custom avatar options?

1 Like

Well the good news is that it’s definitely feasible - our (EHG’s) own avatars are proof of this.

There’s two possible ways for that to go down. The first is a relatively small fee where we take an existing image, attempt to check it for potential copyright issues, then set it as your avatar. The second is a significantly more expensive option where we have an artist create an image based on your description and feedback.

I assume you’re talking about the latter. While we’ve quite a large art team - compared to the rest of the company - that team is comprised of people working on animations, skill visual effects, concept art, and so on. It wouldn’t be a matter of just having anyone on the team available so much as needing to assign someone in particular - likely the same person who created most of our skill art. Unfortunately I don’t know when he’d have the time to work on multiple custom avatars (and potentially multiple drafts of each, at that).

I can see us discussing avatars for potential inclusion in future supporter packs. While I’ll bring this up at our next meeting, I can’t see us acting on anything prior to that.