Auto-walk

Hello EHG team! Thanks so much for the awesome game.

I understand that current design is to move away from autocasting skills in favor of more active gameplay, but one thing I really hope we can see is a “follow cursor” toggle: a keybind that would set our character to auto-walk in the direction of the cursor. The fact that this is currently possible via the numlock trick is the main reason I play Last Epoch over any other ARPG.

ARPGs causing wrist injuries is real. I’ve played video games daily for 23 years now, and have never had any wrist issues until Harvest league of PoE where I had time to go hard thanks to the lockdown. Since then, I’ve had to buy a brace that I only use when playing ARPGs, because that is the only time my hand begins to hurt. As a result, I’ve mostly given up on the genre except for Last Epoch.

The current implementation of autocasting is pretty clunky, especially in relation to auto-move. It’s hard to pick up items or interact with shops/stashes with it on, and I have to redo the numlock every time I click on my other screen. I understand if you don’t want to add an autocast function to the game as it would encourage people to stop casting things manually, but please consider a “follow cursor” keybind. It would go so far towards allowing people with wrist issues to enjoy your game to the fullest.

A dedicated keybind definitely would be cool.

I personally would not use it on most builds, but there might be some situations where i would use this, but with stuff like this, it’s always nice to have it, than to have it not.

While PoE doesn’t have a dedicated keybind, you can set “move only” anywhere on your actionbar in PoE and use any hotkey to move this way.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ve tried using that in other games, but I find it too clunky. Only game it felt alright to me is Slormancer. I do still sometimes play Grim Dawn with move on spacebar tho, since that game is slower and can handle some clunky movement.

Why is this too clunky?
This is the exact feature you are requesting, only difference is, that you need to sacrifice a action bar slot in PoE, which doesn’t matter anyway, because you do have enough slots.

I’m asking for a toggle, not a movement rebind. Holding the button down permanently is a wear in and of itself on my other hand. The feature I want is the ability to push a button that will toggle on “follow cursor” for the character and toggle it off when pushed again.

1 Like

Ah ok, I missed the toggle part :imp:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.