Attunement or strength for Erasing strike?

Which to stack?

Thatā€™s a question noone can answer you without more information about the rest of your build and how you specced Erasing Strike.

I personally do scale attunement if i go high mana cost erasing strike, since 2 extra max mana does make such build feel alot smoother.

But as soon as you use other skills to also deal dmg, like vengeance or rive scaling strength is probably better, because those donā€™t scale with attunement.
Also scalign strenght makes you a little bit tankier if you get some decent amount of flat armour. (Which is very natural for sentinel)

I guess I donā€™t understand the skill. Why does the mana cost matter as to which stat is better to scale? I plan to build an echoing erasing strike VK. Is the low mana route recommended because I can get more strikes in before I have to ā€œrefillā€ my mana pool?

Where does the extra mana come from if I scale attunement?

I use vengeance to get my mana back up. I donā€™t consider it at all when scaling.

This is under consideration. I like the tankiness but not sure if the dps gain is worth it.

Attunement, just like armour and any other attributes has an inherent effect:

Strength: 4% Increased Armour
Dexterity: 4 Flat Dodge Rating
Intelligence: 4% Ward Retention
Attunement: 2 Mana
Vitality: 10 Health + 2% Health Regen

So if you get 40-50 attunement, which is easily possible, you have 80-100 more maximum mana, which leads to being able to cast 1-3 more erasing strikes in a row, depending on the mana costs.

In the end it heavily depends on the weapon youare using, if you have a super strong weapon with melee physical damage as an affix, scalign str is probably better, because attunement only improves the void dmg of erasing strike.

But as i said in my previous post, we need more details about your character to give you specific suggestions.

Ah, I forgot the inherent effect of the attribute. Thank you.

I will be using a polearm for the extra crit and will stack crit rating and +melee void damage as the prefix. I will be stacking attunement since its the main damage type AND I get mana which will allow me to blast away and watch all the echos.

Thanks for the input.

FC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.