Attacks sometimes dont happen

hey im not sure if people reported it or how many people noticed it but…
sometimes attacks dont happen… you click on attacks and it doesnt attack…

now ill describe what i noticed… i notice it happens alot on marksman with high attack speed…
mostly it happens when you try to kite move back and attcck move back and attack constantly i noticed the faster you click the more skills dont cast… i think it really effect the experience of game play… for me this makes marksman much less fun to play :slight_smile:

Edit: Update i just opened lvl 1 mage and that also happen there moving back and casting does make some of the casts not to happen .

1 Like

Yes I noticed it last night on my Hail of Arrows on Lagon where you’re constantly moving backwards out of stuff.

Hey there…

Any chance this is due to either skill cooldowns or skill interrupts (i.e. the skill has to complete before you action another like an attack?)

Would it be possible for either of you to record a short video clip of the issue to make it easier to replicate/figure out?

hey personally im not good at all thes video recording but i will try to describe it here very detailed and its very easy to test and see…

so to be honest in actual gameplay it happens more when you try to kite as in walk backward and cast the skill … but doing abit of testing i realized the backward has no effect its just the walking…

and actually easy way to test it and see it is log into mage any lvl you just need to have lightning blast … then bind lightning blast into right click… then go into any era even town is fine… and hold your left click to walk and then click right clicks to cast lightning blast as you walk feel free to change how fast you click and the diractions of which you walk… you will quickly notices that sometimes the skill doesnt cast

Edit: it looks to me like the walking or finishing the walking takes priority over casting the spell.

So you are continually holding the left click while tapping the right click and not all right clicks action?

I could be mistaken but I think this topic has come up before… especially with spell casting… i.e. the game forces you to stand still to cast and if you are moving you cannot cast… I need to do a forum search to see if I can find what the devs said about it…

this happens constantly on bow attacks which are not spells.

on detonate arrow this happens alooot its why i moved from marksman but only to find it happens on mage too… this is certainly a bug or something that isnt ok… it looks like walking has a cast time xD

Might have to see if the devs chime in here…

I found some older posts (even one I commented on in Nov 20) related to this exact issue… I cannot find a dev response but its a tricky search phrase to find anything related with.

A community tester at the time also suggested seeing if cast/attack speed made an impact on the issue… i.e. as a test, equip some cast speed increase gear and see if the problem is less noticeable?

my detonate arrow is poison with full attack speed this still happen infact i felt like it was even more noticeable the more attack speed i stacked beause i would try to attack more times while walking and therefor it would happen more per min… this is a gamebreaking if im honest… i really hope dev take a look at this

Sure one of them will see this…

I doubt its gamebreaking tho… else the forum would be flooded with similar reports…

To be honest, I havent really experienced this problem to the extent you are describing - except for casting devouring orbs on a Void Knight where he has to stop to cast anything making for very jerky gameplay until you improve cast speed and even then its a little irritating until you get used to it.

I have played a few different marksman builds and I am not sure I have experienced this issue to the point where I felt its as bad as you do about it… Not saying you are exaggerating or anything, just that I have never experienced it myself.

Perhaps its a particular playstyle, perhaps its a bug, perhaps its the way the devs want the skills to work.

yeah its playstyle its not noticed at all if you are more static player or channeling skills…

its mostly noticed if you are one who moves alot and casting

Or melee with a spammable attack.

What is your FPS in game?

hey, sorry for delay i havent been home… my FPS is good… i limited FPS to 141 which is abit under my display refresh rate… and i do keep these 141 at all times. the issue is indeed an issue with the game… probably walking takes priority over casting. . or something some people play static so they might not notice this but me who dont play static i can tell you this do effect my enjoyment of playing certain classes quite abit !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.