At least 2 passives not working

At least that’s what I’ve discovered so far.

1) Innate Conduit passive for lightning blast: The reason I tried this passive in the first place is that the LB chains are each using the full casting cost, which when using lightning wall on a group with the glyph down for more chains drains your mana pool pretty much instantly. I took the passive so I wouldn’t almost always be in the negative, but the first beefy mob I ran into had me a full 3 layers negative before the wall disappeared because the chains just kept casting and draining mana.

I ended up having to replace disintegrate(which I was using prior partially for mana management) with focus because I can’t seem to find a way to completely remove disintegrates up-front cost even though the channel itself is free and it won’t cast while negative.

2) Brand of Deception passive in the Runemaster tree: I have the required passive points for the bonus. It is supposed to apply the brand if the ability costs 15 mana. I currently have a 9 point cost via the actual lightning blast tree(yes, this is 9 after the -3 from the weapon), and an extra 6 from standing in my glyph bringing the total cost for each lightning blast to 15, but I have yet to see the brand debuff on anything.

1 Like

For #2, mana consumption is not the same as a mana cost, so the additional mana consumption isn’t being taken into account for the passive because it isn’t adding the the lightning blast skill cost (unless it’s changing the mana cost number on the skill tooltip).

This therefore applies to #1 as well.

This is a skill node description issue rather than a skill/passive function issue.

Also, bugs go in Bug Reports, obviously.

If it’s just a tooltip thing they need to say that because the game makes zero overt distinction between consumption and cost.

The first one is definitely not just a tooltip thing, because the passive isn’t functioning at all. It’s not just the cost issue, it’s also supposed to prevent chaining when you have no mana which obviously as I stated in the OP isn’t the case.