Arpg games are on the rise

To be fair in terms of Anthem: The disaster was caused by Bioware alone. In this case it’s not EAs fault.

It was enjoyable for the story (90%), but the endgame was just not there. This game is an example what happens when people have the lead that know nothing about the core mechanics of the genre they are developing a game in.

Anthem 2.0 is in a very early prototype phase. Even if they work on it continuously, we won’t get anything playable for the next 1-2 years.

But at least - and this is what the OP meant - there are ARPGs in development. So it really seems they are on the rise.

I love that since I abandoned this genre for years. Only Wolcen and now LE brought it back to my attention. :grin:

Yeah, this is probably the first fustercluck of an EA game that’s not EA’s fault…

I’m not sure about that, if all they’re doing is changing the itemisation, even with a small team I don’t think that would take 1-2 years. Adding endgame stuff would take longer.

Don’t forget Diablo 2: Resurrected. It should be out later this year.

I finished the basic campaign that took 4 to 6 hours or so. It’s not a bad game. It’s just not for me. Which is odd considering one of my favorite games of all time is D2. In fact, I just bought D2 through Blizzard a month or so ago and even though the game looks incredibly dated the gameplay still holds up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.