Area lvl 85 vs. area lvl 50?

I am currently playing a lvl 74 character and I am comfortably doing area lvl 85 monolith content (Reign of Dragons). Just rushing through the echos, don’t even need to focus. The same character gets completely obliterated by a stage I arena champion, which is area level 50 (!). Is this normal? It feels so weird that you can comfortably farm zones > 10 lvls above your character level but have a tough time facing a boss 25 levels below your character level. Also, it is super frustrating that you need to perform a whole run through the arena again in order to retry the arena champion, or any other dungeon boss for that matter.

You are not alone in your feedback here…

The forums & discord has lots of discussion on these exact issues right now and the devs would be silly to ignore it imho…

Everything from difficulty levels not making sense to access to dungeons for lower level players to oneshot & other boss mechanics that make things unfair for certain types of builds or even just unfair fights for anything other than meta builds… even how everything fits together is under discussion right now…

Its a long vid, but McFluffin touches on a lot of things that I think the devs need to look at… perhaps the priority of issues could be subjective but they all need something done about them imho.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out McFluffin’s video! I agree with most of his feedback and suggestions. Dungeons and boss fights still need a lot of work before they become a pleasant experience.

Another thing I noted when playing the game was that level scaling feels off. From around area level 30 or so, characters seem to be lagging behind in terms of level, and can feel pretty weak against Lagon and especially what comes after. Not sure if this has something to do with the low monster density in some of these areas, but it is an issue that should also receive attention imho.

1 Like

This is also another topic of discussion - but its a pretty old one now… There are very specific gear/level checks in the game right now… the two most notable ones are the Lagon & Majasa boss encounters… These are meant to be hard and while there isnt generally a problem with this kind of “gating” in the a game like LE, the scaling/level that currently exists is probably not ideal right now… imho, a lot of this is related to the fact that content is still being added to the game and skills & game mechanics are still being tweeke… so what effectively happens is that old content like Lagon and new content like Majasa tend to be out of whack and the in-between stages that may have leveled a character sufficienty in preparation may not work anymore…

The other issues here are the fact that newer players dont tend to have grasped the game mechanics (especially defensively) by the time they face Lagon (he is the first real challenge) so it makes it harder because the player usually sails through content before reaching him…

Majasa is the first campaign boss that really goes through multiple fight stages with secondary fight characteristics and provides a taste of the concept of “learning” the boss fight that the devs have designed into the higher level bosses (dungeons, monos etc). but thats a whole other discussion too…

Considering that there are 3 more chapters of the campaign still to come & 3 more character classes & associated skills (and all the balancing that comes with that), I figure that this difficultly and level scaling issue is going to be around for a while… The devs have indicated that they plan on doing a full review of the levels scaling & difficulty when the content is more complete so that they can scale things across everything all at once…

1 Like

Ok, just happened again: Ran two dungeons with areal levels below what I can usually do, and both times I died to the boss. Gonna play sth else for a while, this is just ridiculous.

Dungeons are very different to normal campaign & even non-empowered monoliths… Bosses are very mechanical and require understanding how to get around them - ESPECIALLY if you are running them at or near the area level and your build isnt very well geared…

there is a lot of discussion about this very specific issue around dungeons - especially wrt leveling characters wanting to do the dungeons vs characters that have already completed the campaign and have unlocked higher monoliths… and thats not even addressing specific issues with one-shotting etc…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.