Are there plans to eliminate the "repop" issue?

are you a real beastie boy your about the right age i would guess.
if so kudos to your band and its music.

I hate it when the dead don’t stay dead :slight_smile:

Yeah I also find it an odd system that adds unnecessary extra grind and often keeps me from exploring instanced side areas because I know I’ll have to re-clear the previous instance again if I go to explore them.

Also… it’s nice to see someone here older than me, even if it’s just by one year.

Yes, this will be fixed when multiplayer is implemented (kinda surprised Sarno didn’t mention that when he moved the thread).

1 Like

Hat-tip to Iselin … not a lot of us oldies playing. Started playing with Pong, but really got hooked for life when I tried D1 in the late 90’s., although Link did get my attention Played every really good RPG/HackNSlash since. I play daily when RL isn’t getting in the way. Tried retiring, but boss convinced me to come back 3 days a week. And I still play every Season of D3.

Not a member of BBs … woulda been cool, though.

Good to know the issue will be changed … anyone have an idea when that will actually happen?

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember dialing in to a BBS to play a text game on a 1200 baud modem…

All we know is that multiplayer will be in 0.9.0 which will be this year at some point. It’s not going to be the next patch (0.8.2, likely mid-late April) & I personally doubt it would be the next one after that (likely mid-late June). Quite when it’ll be though, nobody has any idea.

TY … that, at least gives me a pretty good idea of when.

It strongly sounds like around Halloween.

Depending on how many issues they run into and how well it works. Doing MP is hard enough making it work smoothly is another beast to tackle. Delivering a very good MP experience can take a lot of time and it can arround winter as well as on halloween ^^.

Sure, I was estimating Halloween only if all goes smooth and well!

9 posts were split to a new topic: Seasons and Followers in Diablo III

i thought i was the only one to find this annoying.

1 Like

Beyond annoying to me. Same issue as the also in process T-Light III … and I will not be playing either till fixed …

There is nothing to fix. We don’t have persisten zones yet and it comes along with MP afaik. On top of it you can run naked from one end of a map to the other without getting into troubble so repop is a non issue to be honest.
Sure it suxx but then again it isn’t the end of the world.

Maybe “fixed” was the wrong choice of words … all the same “I” do find it annoying (JMO) … likely, for most, it’s no issue. In posting this inquiry, I just wondered if it would, at some point, be changed.

As I said in my original post, " At 72 Y.O. … maybe I’m just too old to play with something that I find annoying. Other than that … love the gameplay. Also love & play D2LOD, D3, WOW, Wolcen …
Thanks for any replies (pro or con) … just would like to know."

So, thank you for all the replies …

3 Likes

Yeah I hate hate hate this with a passion. They once said it was there because they didn’t yet have a way to fix it but that was so long ago. I really hope they are going to take it out and not just for online play but also for offline.

Yeah, I don’t like that either. But to be honest, this is low priority for a reason: You don’t need to use the town portal at all.

Everytime you wanna quit your session, you can just activate the next waypoint on the next map. In 90% of cases the wp is right at the entry and you don’t need to fight any enemies - sometime 1-2 mob packs.

Theres no reason to leave a map mid progress through a portal (selling items is not worth the time because if the low selling value). Just wait till you reach the next waypoint to get to town if you have business there.

The only times when it really falls into account is when you are doing the Welryn College quest and the Temple Of Eterra when you have to reenter the map for quest progression.

I really hope EHG works on that Temple quest because it’s current flow is not very fluid. But that’s another thing.

Yeah … and it’s not just when using a TP or WP … it also happens when you go to any side areas (dungeons) no matter how briefly you enter it. ie; there’s a Library early in the game … ya enter the library, do the side quest, re-enter the area you were in and … no map for the progress you had made and fully re-populated. Grrrr!

I’ve noticed sometimes that the area I was in will be fully revealed like it was when I last left and other times it’s all blacked out again needing to be revealed. What causes this to vary?

The “technical issue” I didn’t mention in post #2.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.