Ardent Creator Supporter Pack - Availability Update

I am actually shocked by this.

I already made plans for buying more of those and supporting you guys further.

I really do hope, that something similar returns as a possibility.
(Maybe when you have more staff, dunno).

I also think this should be official news.
If Jerle would not have mentioned it to me, i would not have noticed it.

2 Likes

I too, want to buy more in the future. the creator market is booming for business, what a time to be alive!

1 Like

I would just increase the prize of it if demand is high :smiley: although I understand the problem of course. As long as EHG stays healthy moneywise it should be fine.

1 Like

It is in announcements. It’s also not going to affect 99.9% of the community.

I still think that some who is toying with the idea of getting one might be very disappointed if they didn’t catch the announcement.

27 posts were split to a new topic: Re: Ardent Creator Supporter Pack - Availability Update

I was trying to negociate this with my wife. When I told her it would disappear, she said “case closed, then”. :cry: :cry: :cry:

7 Likes

Sounds like a sensible woman.

1 Like

I would prefer “is”. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Making announcements or informations only partly visible has nothing to do with “holding hands”.

I am super active in the forums and still missed the announcement.
Probably I would have discovered this by my self when it’s already to late.

I just think that this announcement could impact some people very much.
Even though the people that might be affected a a very low percentage of the community.

What an evil house dragon you have :imp:

She’s trying to oppress all the fun you could have :smiley:

1 Like

I just read your response for her, she laughed and confirmed. ^^

2 Likes

You don’t have to explain to me how the forum works :stuck_out_tongue:

I still overlooked the post and that’s why I was so shocked.
I could have completely missed it.

I don’t know on what platforms this announcement was made.
But for people that maybe check the forums once a week it’s even more easy to miss stuff like that.

You guys still have plenty of time to buy a bunch of creator packs. There are still some days left.

There may be more shocking things than the removal of a 1k support package.

If you guys wanna support the game I’d suggest you buy some Ardent Gladiator keys and gift them to those guys that only can afford LE when it goes on sale.

Or make giveaways on your or other content creators streams.

For 1k you could make roughly 300 people very happy and have a very high impact on player numbers :wink:

Just saying.

5 Likes

I was just a little shocked at how many people paid that much money to a game. I don’t care that you get to create something for the game. That money could be invested for retirement, or put to helping people. It just made me feel a bit disappointed.

I don’t fault people for spending some money on hobbies. It just seems like most hobbies that require money into the thousands have a good chance at making profit.

Yeah. But you could say this to 70% of people in the first world.

We could all just gift all the money we don’t need for a living to poor people or humanitarian organisations.

Also you don’t know how much money these people already have gifted.

Somebody saves his money to buy a car. He already has saved 10k $. He could save 1k more to buy the car he wants. He could save 1k more, buy a car and an Ardent creator pack. He could buy a car for 10k and gift 1k to poor people.

Why should he not buy a car for 5k$ and gift 5k to poor people and buy an AC pack.

Best would be he would use the bus and gift 11k to poor people.

Unless you don’t gift all your surplus money to poor people, I think you’re not in a position to expect this from others.

8 Likes

Gaming is not my “first hobby”, music is.

Usually I do spend alot of money for festivals, gigs and gear.
But alot of that is no longer possible since C-19.
I do still support alot of artists as much as I can, via mech and virtual stuff they make.

But basically there is alot less money for me to spend on my “first hobby”, so I decided to put it into my “second hobby”.

And for me personally there is no better way to engrave yourself into a game than designing an item.
While also supporting the project.

And LE really is a project, we’re I think EHG’s vision seems very close to how I imagine an aRPG.

2 Likes

I don’t expect it. In this case, it just seems like a huge waste of money. I agree that at least 70% of first world people probably do that or worse. Just look at the insane amounts of money flushed down the toilet on OnlyFans junk.

To me, it just comes down to fair market value I guess. I would drop $20 to create a unique item. Some people feel that $1,000 is a fair price for that I guess. I wouldn’t even pay $1,000 to create the entire game.

1 Like

I strongly considered buying the Ardent Creator pack just to create an item that made Devouring Orb instant cast or into an aura – I love builds based around it that much.

In today’s world of microtransactions, if you play a game long enough and drop $50 here and $25 there, it can very easily add up to several hundred dollars over time. While you certainly get value for that money, it’s very rarely as valuable as having gotten in on an early supporter pack. Essentially, you’re gambling that the game will be good and will likely pay something close to the same total over time, but with some unique benefits you won’t get later.

In the end, whether you’re drinking your disposable income away at the bar, flying it off to Hawai’i or spending it on a video game at home, it doesn’t really matter in the big scheme of things you mentioned above. The only time dropping this kind of money on a video game would be a bad thing is if you were neglecting other responsibilities, such as child support or feeding your family.

3 Likes

I understand. I do the same thing with Time. I waste it away on Youtube, Forums, and Games. It’s always easier to critique a thing, even about oneself, than it is to fix it. There may have been a bit of projection in my rant.

“People Criticize in Others What they Don’t Like about Themselves”

2 Likes