Anyone using Abomination without Age of Undead or Devour?

I started playing Abomination, but I can’t think of a way that would justify decaying (vanilla) version where I have to channel. Considering I must summon other minions, spend time to summon it, the mana cost, how fast it decays… it just seems too much for too little.

I can see Age of Undead working well and Devour working ok.

Is anyone running channeled version?

I think the non decay version is just outdated and has no real reason to be kept around.

Before a couple of changes, the decay version was able to stack infinite minions for damage. You could create a zombie revive loop to get say 500 minions consumed if you were bored. this is because abomination used to get increased damage per minion consumed no cap. now it has a cap and is more damage. That cap is 20 minions for both its baseline scaling and the node for more damage in its tree.

You can get 9 skeletons and 5 mages, for a total of 14, this means decay abom is only about 42% stronger then non decay abom, for a billion times more hassle.

There is some cool stuff that decay abom has like stomp and tail swipe. but they are not worth the nightmare that is decay. Before it was sorta worth it because you also got to get infinite damage. now its just fluff.

With skeleton resummoning (Immortal node) it is quite easy to get 20 summons with some trick to minion/cursor placement.

Really? How does that work?

An operation example, the left side summons skeletons, the right side summons skull mages, and then control the mouse to consume skeletons first to make Abomination, and then skeletons will resurrect because Immortal node has a 40% chance. However, there will be a gap in the resurrection which will cause your Abomination to think that it is finished absorbing the skull mage on the right, and then absorb the skull after the skull on the left has been resurrected. Similarly, the resurrection “Skull Pioneer” talent can also be used here

1 Like