Anyone have tried shield šŸ›”ļø throw with main skill?

I donā€™t play any sentinel build for a long time.
Since I play this game, :shield: throw always seems little squishy. You have to invest a mountain of gold to do a damage, but even this. All the build I see, the skill canā€™t go to endgame.
Iā€™ve trying again, and seems the same feeling from the past.
Someone can share some experience about that.

A long time ago, yes. I was good for clear but bad for single target. Since that time theyā€™ve added more flat damage sources plus a unique for it, so itā€™s probably better than it was.

1 Like

Mike has played it a few times during his stream. Last Iā€™ve seen it was a week or 2 before 1.0.

Not so better.
Itā€™s continues Goos for clear, and filing bad for booses

I have a Shield Throw Paladin at level 80.
Echo clearing is fast & fun, with Smite pouring from the skies on everything.
Single Target is still lacking, & could do with a buff of some kind.

The plus is that even though it will take ages to kill a Boss, they will not kill you.

Yeah, Iā€™ve been waiting for this skill to be improved, as I really enjoyed the shield throw Crusader in D3.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying, bUt getting a conclusion using hammer throw itā€™s much more easy to get heavy damage.

Shield :shield: throw itā€™s a good side skill, to get more trow damage bonus.

In my calculations shield throwing still have to invest a tons os Gold to getting improved.

Iā€™m pissed, because shield throw itā€™s a forge guard skill and the primary Forge guard skills donā€™t sinergise with throwing skills

Your shield throw can bounce of your minion, so they do synergise. With smite from thrown hits using idols helps to. Iā€™m not sure but I think those smites help heal your minion too.

Yeah you can combine with forge armor, that ok.
But I1m traying to do a pure damage shield throw. Thatā€™s the problem
BTW, smite in shield throw, donā€™t do a clear job.
Another aspect, paladin has better synergy doing damage throwing damage.
Iā€™m insisting doing forge guard because Iā€™m stubborn.

Then do what feels fun to you. I donā€™t play meta. I like to play the game and not ā€œwalking simulatorā€.
Iā€™ve a melee poison warlock, a 2h sword wielding Vampire rogue and Iā€™m thinking of doing a Van Helsing build next. :joy:

Thereā€™s always something that does something better and if you follow this youā€™ll never have fun. Build random stuff and try and make it work, thatā€™s where the skill is. Meta will always suck the life and fun out of gaming, thatā€™s why a lot of gamers are miserable, as they watch to many YouTube videos and think they have to conform. As the saying goes. You do, Youā€ :hugs:

Have fun.

yeah, paladin has better way of damage, Iā€™m trying or better, insisting in a pure damage forge guard build. Thats the problem
But I agree, normally you are unkilleble.
Can you share your build?

This is Him.
Heā€™s still a work in progress, but Iā€™m playing my Mage atm so heā€™s benched.

Itā€™s a good build, but like I said the synergize its because os smite skill, not pure damaging shield throw.
Iā€™m trying to do a pure damage with forge guard.
The problem here, Forge guard doesnā€™t synergize with your own skill.
Its a good side skill to getting bonus or buff forge armor builds