Anyone have comporium internet able to play online?

just wanted to check if anyone on comporium internet can get through the character selection to ‘enter game’.

No one else? How about are there others that cannot make it past the character selection when choosing “online play” regardless of what region you choose?

Maybe list their ISP and any other relevant details. For example, if I disconnect from my router, and use my phone’s hotspot via wifi, i can connect. Am on the AT&T network at that point, but i cannot connect if I am connected to internet through my Comporium ISP (Wired or wifi).

Same issue, same ISP. I didn’t think to consider an ISP issue, that would be very unusual. I’ve even tried to change my DNS servers to googles with no success. Haven’t been able to play online since day one.

Try a VPN. It 100% can be an ISP issue but some people have had to use a VPN just to play multiplayer, usually people in Europe.

I dont understand networking - so this question may be ignorant; but would this not be something that developers would test and be able to fix? Its like a silent problem - how do we raise it to the level that the devs know its a problem?

Are there free VPNs? I looked online found a few, cheapest was $8/month.

Playing offline is fine, and is what i have been doing so far.

The devs can’t test your internet for you at all. A lot of people have had issues and it was determined it was an ISP issue. A lot of people are using VPNs as a workaround. There are free ones, but I have no recommendations for that sorry.

Who determined it was an ISP issue, i use Comporium for literally every game i play that is online and the only game that has a problem is Last Epoch - that would seem to me to be a Last Epoch problem, not a comporium one.

Networking is complicated. Sometimes an issue people are having in a game is in fact happening with other people but you don’t know about it. When you connect to a game it’s not direct, you go through a lot of connections to finally connect to the server. A bad connection in that series can cause packet loss, high latency, disconnects, etc. And that’s not necessarily your ISP, but your ISP’s ISP possibly even, but it’s also not the server for the game. Your other games may not use the same connections on your way to connecting to their servers.

Generally unless everyone is struggling on the same server, the issue is probably in between. It could be your firewall, your router, your modem, the actual physical line itself leaving your home, and any other part of the connection on the way. It’s complicated and often hard to diagnose unfortunately :frowning:

I’m also on Comporium and having the same issue. Only thing that seems to work so far is using South America as the region. I’ve tried using a VPN and it doesn’t help.

Misery loves company, right. I am using a VPN called Private Internet access

It puts me through Washington DC so it works fine

This tells me it’s A Comporium problem directly where they’re blocking the service or it’s not an ISP problem, but more of a region problem

Has the developers acknowledge that they’re blocking any regions

If not, then it comes back to. There’s an issue with Comporium.

+1 – I also have Comporium. … Same issue. , I have to use a VPN to connect.

I did make a support ticket to Comporium about this a few minutes ago, linking them to a few different threads on this. Maybe they have something misconfigured or blocked by accident? One can only hope.

I used to have comporium and had issues playing any game, i believe when i contacted them i got a static ip instead of their dynamic, they will send intructions on how to input the settings on your modem. It was 5$ extra a month but it did fix my gaming issues at the time. I have not tried it on this game as i switched to AT&T.