Anyone else deal with this RNG?

Thanks. I don’t like you.

But your shit is wrong. GD 10x times the players, they have no mechaincs if you mess up your gear. Chronicon 5x the players same. LE 300 players, if you chance to upgrade your gear its worthless. Go look at builds that can actually finish the game. they both have 3 times as much as this game. Gear and stats are too depended on this game. You have even said it yourself. And if you read my orignal post you would see that. But apparently somene not liking that is BAD!!! I have talking about the RNG ON RNG ON RNG in this game. I have talked about the punishment in this game and its ridiculous. This game makes me feel like I need to have it as a job, in order to compete. Which is not what you want to do with a game. Hence why I compared it to GD and Chirocon. I can use the same ammount of time and successed in the other 2, where in this game not so much.

That hurts my feelings. Why you gotta not like me? Because I don’t agree with you? I guess thats fair. I have shown you facts yet you try to refute them. I guess thats why you don’t like me. Too each of their own.

Actually, you know what, you just made me realize I am not a fan of this game, good job, you just made another quit this game. Have fun when no one plays this game anymore, if with the full release.

Lol a grown person quitting a game because of another person. And nah, I don’t like you because you’re a melodramatic nutjob with an ego identical to Trump.

1. Lets not feed the troll.
  2. The devs have tested this (both in-game & automated with the code) & he got very close to what he would have expected based on the number the game presents.

The problem with RNG is that if you look at small samples, you will get what appear to be patterns. And the opportunity to draw comparisons between LE’s crafting since in LE you can choose what affixes you want on the gear whereas in GD you just get a random item of a particular item slot with entirely random stats. And in PoE you start with a base then randomly roll affixes (with some ways to skew the odds).

@p4rtial, good luck with whatever other game you land on, if you don’t like RNG, you may not like aRPGs in general.

1 Like

Tbf I think it is you who do not fully get what probability can throw at you. Why are you asking to make a video to show the tries?

You should be knowing well that with 100 tries of 80% it can happen very well that you can get 50, 60 or anything that is not 80.

And that is the point. Why should I care that something is close to 80% in 1000 tries when I as a real player am going to make 50-100 tops. This system is 100% working as intended but it still sucks for the usage that I am doing. That’s the critics

This is the same guy that was boasting big in chat that he was facerolling the game yesterday with trash gear. Sounds like from this post and his other bigmad post about the death penalty in monolith he finally hit a roadblock lol

1 Like

No. The critics of @p4rtial is that the system does not work as intended. He stated that he should have had an exactly 86% success rate when he crafted 100 items that all showed that 86% success rate.

Like @talkinkorean I’m highly doubting he had 100 items all showing the same 86% success rate. Would take a lot of farming to get 100 items with all the exact same success rate for a craft. My items have different success rates because they have different tier levels and instability values.

Unlike @talkinkorean I’ve given up on trying to explain the following:

If a system truly is rng, it has no mechanic to make the shown percentages come true after an increasing number of attempts.

Theres no system in place that records how many of your attempts failed and increases or decreases your chances to succeed to match a certain percentage number after a defined number of attempts.

Maybe this would feel better. But it is no real rng anymore.

The problem is that people talk about math all the time without understanding it. Maybe the argument is with good intentions. But the arguments are wrong.

We are not talking about suggestions for crafting. The main topic here was to tell people that the rng of the crafting system is currently broken. OP showed us that he has no clue of how rng works.

There’s no problem with turning this thread into one of many “crafting suggestions” thread. But only if some people stop their disruptive fire of repeatedly nonsense.

Edit:
@ZaeN Just to be clear: I’m not talking about you. Hope you don’t get this wrong.

Read what I said before coming at me. The dude acted like that happens frequently and that he tried exactly 100 items with 86% success rate and had it at 50% success rate. I asked for the video to call out his bullshit. Yes you can theoretically come up with any number, but as your attempts goes up, the results closely mirror the percentage shown. You get more wild variations when the attempts are lower. It is highly likely you can get only 50% success rate, but that happening with 100 attempts is really unlikely. Can it happen? Yes. But likely? No.

I went at him because he tried to pull a fast one on everyone with that BS. I won’t go after someone for telling how they feel about something. But if you’re going to try and back up an opinion with facts then I’m going to call it out if the “facts” are not facts but embellishment.

2 Likes

I don’t know why so many people don’t understand the chance of success in the crafting system … but anyway, when they implement the trade, the complaints will decrease a lot, since it will be much easier to get better bases. If you make crafting easier than it already is, when you implement the trade, it will have almost no use, and getting a good item base will not cheer you up.

1 Like

defeats the whole purpose of playing and looting. i never liked the trading system in PoE even though i used it.

fix the core problem and bandaids wont be necessary. this is a repeat issue they are refusing to even touch.

1 Like

I don’t think the trade removes the purpose of playing and looting; in fact I think the trade increases this factor, since you seek the loot not only to improve your character directly, but also to sell the items. Being able to buy items makes it easier to change builds and create new characters. Once the game evolves, there is a tendency for there to be even more suffixes and affixes, and there is no way the game can guess which ones you want (even because you may want to farm items for a character using another character that is stronger), so even if make the craft easier, you need the trade to compensate for that.

The only problem I see is that some bases have a lot of variation in the implicit ones and I think they should still better balance the distribution of affixes and prefixes.

Anyway, it’s a matter of opinion. I have no problems with the game’s crafting format and I think changing it now will cause problems with other things later. It is certainly something that they should consider at some point, since the opinion about it is very divided, but I think it is something that they should think about moving at a more advanced moment in the game, after working more on the bases, the suffixes and affixes and drops.

I don’t think knowing the odds makes something less RNG. The RNG is when the game rolls a dice to determin whether you’ve succeded at something or not.

1 Like

Easiest way to think of this is imagining a 100 sided dice. 86 sides denotes success, 14 denotes fracture. Roll that a few times and you can definitely run into situations where you roll into the 14 sides at a rate higher than expected. But as you keep rolling everything tends to even out at the expected rate. You’ll always get streaks of bad luck and that’s part of RNG. Unless they implement an algorithm to prevent such streaks, it’ll continue to happen although probably not at a frequency people think it’s happening. We all tend to remember the failures and not the successes. Failed attempts leave an outsized impression on us and affects our judgment.

Trade is not a bandaid. It’s a core pillar to itemisation.

no it isnt. it is a bandaid for bad RNG, and game mechanics where a group of people have a better drop rates than someone soloing.

it is no better than the gambler which imo i think they should remove.

I was going to reply to Jerle that one man’s bandaid is another man’s core pillar of itemisation.

You’re both correct.

2 Likes

Especially taking into account that some people play SSF and won’t ever touch trading. Being that it is an option to select that route ingame, it would make sense to have itemization that also favors strictly finding, and making your own loot.

1 Like

Yes, but if you the game is balanced around being able to find your own loot, then trading makes it significantly easier to get that loot (since everyone’s dropping “good” loot & then trading what they don’t need). If the game is balanced around trading then finding your own loot sucks because the drop rate is so much lower (D3 on launch).

They could do it if the SSF mode had a better chance to drop stuff compared to the non-SSF mode. But then that’s two different modes they’d need to balance drops around.

2 Likes