Ancient Era - Zones feel like filler?

Might be missing here, but the portals to the ancient era feel like they’re just there for the sake of it. They don’t really advance the story or add any interesting background info that makes the world feel more alive. Except for the first portal to it, there’s no real sense of wonder since it’s basically bugs, dinosaurs, and plants on repeat.

I’d hop in hoping for something interesting and come out feeling like I just wasted my time which could have been spent advancing the plot or farming.

Here’s to hoping more gets done with the era and if not, maybe it could just be removed…?

1 Like

Chapter 9 is still missing for story content. So maybe we will see more about that era there.

1 Like

If it isn’t much used in the release it’s still worth for later content. I don’t think there is any reason to remove it. On top of it why remove an asset that’s a big waste of workhours ^^.

1 Like

Yeah, we still have chapter 9 and also there are a number of endgame systems that haven’t been put into place that may use the ancient era. I’m fairly certain the zone isn’t going to end up being ‘filler’ when all is said and done.

1 Like

Exactly. We also saw many Chapter & story overhauls in the last couple patches, so there is always room to improve that.
Definitly no need to remove it^^ The devs certainly know what to do with that era.

1 Like

My personal guess is that it will be heavily tied into Eternity Cache. I’m trying to remember way back in alpha so my ‘memory’ here may be faulty but this is apparently something that you take an item and put it in a secret place and then go far into the future after it has accumulated 'energy/power/shards???" and it turns into something marvelous. So to bury something in the Ancient Era and then jump to the Ruined Era (or maybe end of time) and you’ve got the longest amount of time for things to ‘percolate.’

1 Like

Yeah, agree. There’s no real story content tied to the ancient era. Defenitely something that might / should improve.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.