An Update on Our Road to 1.0

I appreciate the speediness of your response to my concern.

There are actions which benefit the consumer and actions which benefit the producer. Sometimes, actions can be both. Delivering updates at a consistent pace, following the ‘road map’ placed on the sales page of the software and meeting the expectations of those who have purchased and positively reviewed your software accomplishes both. When your customer is happy that you are meeting the expectations you created prior to the sale, they leave positive feedback, recommend your software to their friends and make additional purchases. When you spend more time on marketing and developing the front-end of the business model, this does not benefit your current customers and makes them feel that your dedication is to getting new sales, not to supporting those who have already given you their money and plan on giving you more. I have over four decades working at the senior sales and project management level of Fortune 100 companies. Every time that I have prioritized new customers over current customers, I ended up with catastrophic failure. I REALLY enjoy your work and DO wish you EVERY success, as you appear to be VERY talented programmers and designers. I just pray that you don’t make this mistake.

You’ve all, very obviously, worked extremely hard to get this far, and have (myself included) a rabid fan-base… I hope to see this continue so that we, your rabid fans, can continue to support you with the same level of passion as you have shown in the past year.

Hey Pirate,
If I get it right you have the concern that the LE development slows down, now that a release delay is announced.

As a long term community member I can assure you that the devs going more silent before a patch is common behaviour. We get some teasers, but the common responses to topics are getting fewer. The guys are busy because they try to keep the pace and push out the new patch in time.

Another thing is that many topics are repetitive. As the community gets bigger, the more opinions are voiced. But the increasing number of posts make the topics less diverse.

The fact that Sarno responded to your post immediately proofs that they still have their eyes everywhere.

The last thing I want to point out is the fact that a dev response to a hot topic can break the conversation. A positive dev response to a suggestion can instantly kill the incentive of other people to respond negatively.

Have faith, brother! I can see no sign of development slowing down. The delay means more content and higher quality on release despite slower work speed.

1 Like

The devs are typically on the quiet side while they’re working on stuff & put out big patches every 2ish months, the last one was early August, so the next one I would expect to be early October, they (Sarno) tends to post teasers/reveals as they get closer to releasing the next big patch. They aren’t a particularly big team.

Thank you for your response.

I’m not sure where the impression that we are replacing our website for marketing purposes came from. The current website dates all the way back to May 2017. This was the same month as the creation of our first concept art and us writing our first lines of code. Back then the team was much smaller than it is now and was completely self-funded. The goals for our website, and the resources we had to invest in it, were markedly different than they are today.

Our website has received significantly more traffic this month than throughout the entirety of 2017. While we have been able to scale it up to meet the additional demand, we are approaching the limits of what is possible. Quite simply, there is nothing optional about us transitioning to a new tech stack. We cannot release 1.0 (and, likely, even multiplayer) with our current website. It simply could not deal with the increase in traffic it would see when we do.

There are a number of services we provide manually that we wish to automate - and this isn’t feasible on our present website. Them being available as automated services will not just free our staff up to work on other things, but will also improve the user experience by removing the need to wait for staff to respond. (I might note only our customers use these services.)

Starting from scratch is also an opportunity to make some fundamental decisions regarding our website with much better insight into how it will be used. The new website will be powered by more APIs, will have more features (and be designed to facilitate those features), and will be much more mobile-friendly. Using the two websites should feel like night and day.

11 Likes

Build calculator? :smiley:

1 Like

Build calculator is in progress and the author of the tools is the same person who made wonderful tools for Grim Dawn:

I hope we will get similar opportunities for LE as well. :blush:

3 Likes

Just in case if it’s interesting to see how such tools work on Grim Dawn:

hello been following this game since alpha - just wanting to know if theres been any kind of update on multiplayer support for last epoch yet? thanks guys and i cant wait. rogue trailer looks dope as F .

Nope, though they’ve said that they’ll get us an update this year (probably after they push the Rogue out).

Here’s the latest post from Sarno on this topic

I will say the improvements in the early areas was really significant in the last update. I hope they take their time and really make it polished and beautiful. Core gameplay seems good though I wish it wasn’t corridor based but more open world even if it was still mapped. Corridors get boring. Sacred was awesome in this way

cough

As much as I really want open world, I don’t see it happening this side of launch (or 2.0).

that all sounds very good. this is how the communication between developer and community should be.
please take the time you need to finish the game.
and please consider when it comes to the release to use 3-5 more servers than intended. remember the debacle of another ARPG release. players never forget. take the time.
“it’s done, when it’s done”

Any plans to start selling the game in GOG.com?

Release it once its ready… The old Blizzard way.

Last Epoch is an upcoming hack and slash action role-playing game which is in early access and developed by America based international studio Eleventh Hour Games.

In April 2018, a free playable demo was released as part of Last Epoch’s Kickstarter drive.

In April 2019, the game’s beta was made available via Steam Early Access.

In December 2019, the title’s full release, originally planned for April 2020, was rescheduled to the fourth quarter of 2020.

In December 2020, EHG announced that Last Epoch’s release was delayed until 2021, but has since been delayed indefinitely.

Come on guys, it has been almost 6 years since you first came asking for money. At least tell us the roadmap is a SWAG. Starting to feel like a bait and switch.

Resurrect Thread: Check.
Nothing constructive to add: Check
Has 1 Post in Total on the Forum: Check
Joined Forum in 2020 but is complaining about something six years ago: Check

IDENTIFIED

Summary

6 Likes

Lol. Now thats a classy response to a necro post.

Far too much effort for me. :crazy_face:

1 Like

necro? Necro!? NECRO!!??
Oh, that sort of necro, nevermind

2 Likes

That troll is actually kind of cute

1 Like