An S Tier Hammerdin? Yes Please! Here ya go 0.8.1c

Amazing build that made me really enjoy my time in Last Epoch. Not gonna lie I started this as my first ever character and did it as throw hammer so it was a bit rough until level 20ish. But once you get the -mana cost rings it does well up until you can get the idols/helm.

Welcome to the community!

Glad your enjoying the build!

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the guide! I was wondering about the - mana cost on weapon instead of pure spell damage thats higher. It’s just for sigil & aura to make it smoother to play and just take the slight dps loss? I know you’re busy with a lot of guides so been doing my best at piecing it all together myself so far

First, Welcome to the community!

You can defintely add in the -spell cost to reduc spell cost until you get more smite proc’n idols to make it easier or a helm with more mana back on smite use.

The damage difference shouldnt be to noticable

1 Like

Man loving this build so far - really fun and fairly intuitive to play aside from figuring out to scale void for the hammers after getting the nodes in VK. I just CANNOT find any of those Idols? Does anyone have any tips for getting those smite on throw ones? Literally hours and havent seen a single one but the mod seems to be fairly low lvl :()

Idols are just completely random (online trading will help in the future) but for now just gotta keep grinding

Thanks for the build. Great fun so far.

One question I had: The “chance to shock” on the weapon. That’s just some random affix there, right? No reason I am missing to actually go and get it? I mean, the elemental damage the build deals is pretty minimal.

Also, I can confirm that leveling with the build is an absolute blast. Didn’t get lucky with the Idols so I leveled only with Hammer Throw. Huge damage and great survivability with minimal crafting.

1 Like

Correct the shock does nothing, choose something better :slight_smile:

Just what I was looking for thanks!

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks, I have been looking for a PoE “replacement” after playing since Alpha/Beta and doing it all. This could be an amazing new time sink.

I have no idea why I did not grab onto this game sooner but I am here now so time to go through all the content, guides and get some beta action going.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Edit: loving your Youtube content so far - Sub

1 Like

Hey, just bought this game and im leveling as a hammerdin after your guide and its going great so far, the only problem im having is not understanding what makes a weapon an upgrade atm. Would you mind explaining what stats you want on a weapon, and on what base? Mace/wand etc. Thanks alot!

No weapons come with base Throwing attack so nothing will upgrade the hammer damage (Not yet anyways) so the weapon upgrades you want are for adapative spell damage so Smite hits harder.

For affixes you can go with throwing damage or physical damage to make hammer hit harder, in the video i go for spell damage to increase Smites damage as it hits harder.

alright cheers man

1 Like

I don’t get it. What’s a good stat on the weapon to raise the hammer throw damage?? Adaptive spell damage doesn’t seem to do anything.

Adaptive spell damage is for the smite procs that are a spell.
You cant get flat throwing damage on weapons (sad day i know)

% increased damage for the damage elements that Hammer Throw does (phys & potentially fire if you have any flat fire throwing damage).

Ok thanks guys

I made a brand new loot filter rule to recolour the smite idol drops and it helped a lot. You actually end up finding the idol faster this way because you’re no longer mousing over each and every idol and reading the stats.