An ARPG with no ability to keep or store items and materials?

This is kinda a rant, but whatever. The stash does not work for me, it’s completely broken. I am unable to save items, every time I put them in the stash they’re being tossed in the trash. Next time I load the stash is the same as how it was when the game launched. I also cannot save gold, or crafting materials. Every time I close the game I get reset to 21 0 0 and 3873 gold (what I had apparently last time I played during open access).

I put in a support ticket, 3-5 business days later maybe I’ll get a response, and I’ll certainly advise if they fix it.

But seriously, how can the architecture of the game and its save system be set up in such a way as to allow this to be possible? The MOST FUNDAMENTAL aspect of a video game is your ability to save progress. How can you possibly have that be something you fail to deliver on? It’s not like the game isn’t saving - after all, the character itself including their inventory is saved, it’s just global data and the stash which is fubar’d. Save dates update on the files in the folder, but sure enough next time I load up the game here we are again. It makes the Exit to Desktop message “all progress will be saved” almost a sick joke.

I want to like this game. I want to hype it up to friends and get them to play it. But what is the point of an ARPG where you can’t keep or store items or materials, where everything other than your character’s inventory itself is “use it or lose it”?

Sounds like your drive is set to some form of Read-Only, which is something you have to fix and not something the game is responsible for.

A) That’s not it. If it were, the save files wouldn’t have updated hashes and date modified times, to say nothing of the fact that the permissions allow full control to all users.
B) That would never be it. In what scenario would someone have their save files stored on a Read Only drive, and not have realized it much sooner? Or when would someone explicitly modify file permissions to remove the default full access from all users, without having realized they did so?
3) It doesn’t even make sense for that to be it. As I listed, character slots save progress without issue. Given that they’re in the same folder, if someone were to have a drive which is read only or somehow have updated the permissions on the files in the folder to be read only, that wouldn’t be the case. So not only is your proposed scenario never going to happen, it couldn’t possibly be the actual issue as described, it doesn’t match the symptoms whatsoever.

Look I’ll take any help I can get, I’d much rather solve the issue than rant about it as the game is effectively unplayable as is. But maybe before launching into “that’s on you not something the game is responsible for” any time someone is experiencing a bug, you consider the rationality of your proposed scenario. Ideally as well, consider if blaming someone for the issues they’re experiencing while making wild assumptions is a practice you should be engaging in at all.

I rarely read about similar issues, actualy I do not recall a single one.
However, I personally had issues when deleting - empty of course - containers/folders, which made it look as if items where deleted. I was immensly frustrated but was able to get my items back by recreating those folders and relogging. There are multiple bug reports related to that. I am sick in bed with my mobile and do not have the nerve to look those up for you. I did not create many threads so looking for threads created by my profile should lead you to them.

Other than that, I play Arpgs since D1, and LE has by very, very far the best inventory ever. For me at least.

sounds like bug or some issues with offline saving like read only or something, just keep work with support guys

What you are experiencing and describing seems very odd and rare.

Whatever the reason is, that it is happening to you. It is probably something that did not come up during any testing.

This issue is something I never heard before so I am pretty sure it is very rare.

It is unfortunate and beyond a Bug Reports or ticket there is nothing you can do about it probably.
But the reality is, software development always has issues like this. Even the most robust software and QA testing will not catch all bugs, that is just how it is.

Yep agreed, nothing to be done but wait for a response from the support team; nothing yet though. Online works fine so I’ve spun up an online character to use in the interim. It’s just frustrating because I greatly prefer offline characters for obvious reasons. A fully offline game mode is, to me, one of the game’s strong selling points. Just not in my case it seems. :frowning:

I solved it. I ran hash checks on all the files in the save game folder to see which ones were and were not actually updating upon save, and identified that BACKUP_GLOBAL_DATA and Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta were not. Further testing revealed that Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta was corrupt, while in place BACKUP_GLOBAL_DATA would continually recreate itself and the issue persists, but the moment it’s gone the issue is fixed and BACKUP_GLOBAL_DATA can be deleted (it won’t recreate itself) or not without it changing anything.

So tl;dr: If you’re experiencing the same issue, look for a BACKUP_GLOBAL_DATA file in your save folder and if it’s there, kill Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta. Doing so should resolve the issue.