An alt skill

about 2 years ago there were a few threads talking about adding a 6th skill. I am personally very happy with the 5 limit being allocated to buttons.

what does strike me though is that when gearing and setting up for T4 bosses and 350+ corruption i often drop a movement skill to supplement dps or defence

so what about considering having a 6th skill which can be configured (all 20 or more points) but then only having 5 selected for use at any one time ?

I know the concept of swapping between skills midstream may be against the philosophy so even limiting this 6th skill to a movement skill could be considered

Anyway food for thought as swapping out a defensive for an ā€œunconfiguredā€ movement skill when zooming (lets all admit echoes will always be zoomer aligned) through mono while finding / upgrading blessings doesnā€™t seem the best way to do it. Builds need to cater for some variety of gameplay in my opinion at least.

Mouth ago, I practically open the same question. And I have been massively underrated.
I think, we should always have a movement skill by default.

this is really tricky.

The devs have said countless times (like stuck record countless) that they want:

• 5 skills - no more , no less
  • No skill swapping for different content - i.e. changing skills when clearing vs reaching the boss fight.

The results of these design decisions are already evident in things - like re-earning skill points after respecing. +Skill level affixes on items remove randomn points from skill trees to prevent cheesing the mechanic to respec skills.

Based on this, I doubt that the devs are going to change tack to consider the OP suggestions.

Important note: You can always assign unspecā€™d skills to the skill bar - especially when a specā€™d skill doesnt need to be directly cast by the player (but is procā€™d by something else). This workaround has been used MANY times for assigning unspecā€™d movement skills and give you a sort of fake 5.5 skills use. Devs are ok about this afaik.

You do, if you choose not to take it, thatā€™s entirely your prerogative.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather not see another game polluted by and balanced around spamming movement skills, tyvm.

I think this is a tipical poe players fear.

I donā€™t wanna zooming everything. Thatā€™s not my point.

I only think, when the game its going harder and harder its normal you sacrifice some movement to get some defenses;

But sometimes, has a specific movement button its a quality of life.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.