AMD GPU Users - Anyone tried the new Adrenalin Driver - RSR Feature?

Hey there…

(note: I dont have a working AMD GPU anymore so I cannot test this myself - hence the post).

The new Adrenalin AMD Radeon driver version apparently has Radeon Super Resolution which allows you to enable FidelityFX™ Super Resolution in ANY application without the application needing to support it specifically…

I was wondering if anyone with a new AMD GPU and this driver had tested this with LE yet?

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-super-resolution

I don’t have AMD but i was hoping for FSR feature in this game. I don’t know much about it beside that it works for Nvidia cards and is some Dynamic Resolution feature. But i know that it can work wonders in a few games i played. Cyberpunk Fps went from 50s to 90s altough at the cost of some blurriness but im ok with it.

As I understand it the Unity Engine that LE currently uses (2019.4 LTS) doesnt support the FSR (AMD) and DLSS (NVIDIA) so its unlikely that LE will have these features built in. The newer Unity engine versions do have these or at least in beta last time I checked but it doesnt help us right now… (apparently at least a year of dev will be required to port LE to the newer engine - thats according to the devs when asked over a year ago)

so… thats why I was keen to see if this new driver based solution from AMD could work… and usually Nvidia and AMD copy each others features so its possible that Nvdia may also have a driver level version of their DLSS in the works…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.