Alpine Guide (extra avalanche boulder) not working

Problem:
My avalanche does not spawn an additional boulder on crit.

Steps to test and reproduce problem:
Running a channel avalanche build so the test is simple;

1. click once to summon a boulder (2 boulders drop on a single click with the 20% frequency node).
  2. Attack mobs or training dummy
  3. Remember, single click = 2 boulders.

Result:
With a single cast:
1 crit, no 3rd boulder.
or
2 crit, no 3rd or 4th boulder.

Every avalanche build I’ve seen runs this node, however I think people are playing a brain dead fire-and-forget avalanche build where it’s easy to not even notice additional boulders with all the dmg numbers flying about.

Actually, it seems the bug is that a boulder doesn’t need to crit to be able to cast an additional boulder. So if you have 3 points in Alpine Guide, you’re guaranteed to get a recast. Without Alpine Guide, you should see only 1 boulder if you just tap the button.

So still definitely bugged, but in your favor :wink:

Interesting. Then the ability is severely lacking in damage as I’m struggling to push past 10-15 monolith and can’t push past wave 60 in the arena. I have 100% gb and 70% dr across the board, i feel like primalist is severely lacking in scaling. I have over 150 flat adaptive spell and over 800% damage toward my spell, why am I only hitting 1-2k whereas other classes are reaching in the tens of thousands with similar spammable abilities, some builds even cracking a million dps?

I’m sorry to say, but this just turned me off from my druid and shaman indefinitely.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.