Alpha Content

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but…

I thought the one of the features of the first alpha build was to have more content than previous builds?

So far it seems like there is significantly less content than the previous build.

There are no towns and no shops, for one, so you can’t sell anything or buy anything.

It’s there, you just haven’t found it yet. The blacksmith and your stash are easy to miss as everything is dark. Too much so, IMO.
A dark feel is fine for the dungeon/mob areas, but so-called “town” areas where you can talk with npcs, shop, etc. should be lit differently so it’s clear what area you’re in.

yes, had to search for the blacksmith as well. i agree that the “town areas” should probably be a bit less darker

I think the map overlay feature will help with this type of thing as well. Pretty sure that’s been mentioned as a planned feature.

It’s really hard to play games like this without for me now. I basically never cut it off in D2.

[quote quote=9972]It’s there, you just haven’t found it yet. The blacksmith and your stash are easy to miss as everything is dark. Too much so, IMO.
A dark feel is fine for the dungeon/mob areas, but so-called “town” areas where you can talk with npcs, shop, etc. should be lit differently so it’s clear what area you’re in.[/quote]

This x100.
A dark gritty feel is important, but make it too dark and it’s depressing. Allowing that this is Alpha and graphics are not where they will be, it’s important to be able to see the great art, which at the moment can’t be done. However beautifully rendered the mobs, they are nothing but dark blue blobs through the opening areas.

Just remember these famously dark and gritty renderings that all went through graphical overalls to make them lighter and brighter:
Lord of the Rings–Mines of Moria
Grim Dawn
Path of Exile

Hi everyone!

I’m very sorry for not responding sooner - it’s been a hectic week for me, even outside of EHG. I just wanted to thank you for your feedback and to make sure you knew that we’re paying attention.

Have you tried changing the brightness setting in the options menu, and if so, has that improved things?

So…the last refuge…is this the only alpha area available right now or am I missing something?

gotta fix the walking into a wall or part of environment, you hit anything and it stops you, and you gotta wait to move its really annoying. also only area for now??

Test

Hello,

The zones from the pre-alpha demo have been replaced by the following;

• Last Refuge Outskirts
  • The Arena (multiple)
  • The Armoury
  • The Council Chambers
  • The Last Archive
  • The Lower District
  • The Precipice
  • The Sheltered Wood
  • The Surface
  • The Upper District

We’ll be continuing to add more content throughout the alpha stage of development (and beyond).