Allowing Purchase of Character Slots

Actual laugh out loud

2 Likes

POE has 255 character slots (max). 25 is certainly not enough over the long term.

1 Like

I deleted max level toons in the blink of an eye the past and I’ll do so in the future. I’m not against the option for people to buy char slots but I think the negativity this will bring up isn’t worth the few bucks they would make with it.

1 Like

Don’t want. I like my old spec. And what if after respec-ing, I kinda want go back to my old spec again. I don’t want to be switching skills back and forth, and it hurts my character’s identity. People play games to achieve different gonads and get sense of accomplishment in different ways.

Someone mentioned PoE has 250 slots, and no one seems to have any problem with that, so I doubt this is going to be a problem for LE as well.

But like I said, if adding character slots adds too much burden for them, I can accept that, but I would be very disappointed.

Didn’t know they have 250.

Do PoE players ever complain about too many character slots? Or this causing inconvenience to the game?

The only complain I’ve ever seen is not having enough slots. Some people are crazy alterholics and like their characters enough to not delete them.

I’ve no idea why anyone should have issues with the selling of character slots.

2 Likes

Lol, that’s me, crazy alt-holics, and the build diversity LE offers doesn’t help😂

1 Like

The default is 24. You can only get more character slots if you buy them. And EHG already said they don’t want to sell character slots.

Specifically? Guess I missed this. I honestly don’t see how this is p2w. But if they are not selling them. Then I hope they have a plan to expand character slots. Because 25 is just unacceptable in the longer term.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this, either on the forum or on one of Mike’s streams. But I could be wrong, I’m not 100% sure on this.

Personally, I don’t really care about it. 24 slots is more than enough. I only keep characters I play at least occasionally, and I won’t be playing 24 of them. If I need space, I just delete older ones.
So I’m fine with them selling character slots like PoE does.

I’m all for anything other people pay for especially when it doesn’t change game balance. Revenue like that keeps the servers running.

Yup. That’s fine. I need more mainly because I like to “archive” characters I played in a league/cycle. If they come up with a system for “hall of faming” old cycle characters, I might be ok with 24 active character slots.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair. As I said, I have no issues with selling character slots. It might grate on some people that view it as P2W-adjacent (or even as P2W), but in a game where you don’t even need to mule, I don’t see that it gives you any in-game advantage, so it’s all fine with me.

1 Like

My take on this topic… Having more Characters is actually a Disadvantage! Hear me out!
You need more stash tabs for all that possible loot. You need to farm more Affix Shards etc.

So it is practically P2L (Pay to loose) :smiley:

1 Like

100% need more character slots

25 character slots is nothing, its fine for cycle, its not fine for offcycle

anyone who says you only need 15 character slots to play everything is ignorant to how annoying it is to fully respec (its literally 300+ clicks just for passive points) and is willfully ignoring the joy of levelling as a new spec

and id love to see an actual explanation of how buying more character slots is in any way P2W (because its not, theres nothing thats time gated, and certainly nothing thats character specific time gated… hell if you’re looking at progression as power then having multiple characters is a strict disadvantage in last epoch because of the split time/gear investment)

i dont care if theyre bought (at a reasonable price) or what, im just a desperatee altoholic looking for my slot fix

1 Like

How does No sound.

oh, this is so much more important than i thought

i literally cant play on cycle without deleting legacy characters because the limit is shared

https://imgur.com/Uczdiqt

Don’t have this issue now, but I see it happening for me. PoE, I kept buying character slots because I run through too many different builds. So now, it’s either buy a slot or delete a character to make one for the new league.

Not really a P2W feature. If it’s about respeccing, you can just buy another stash tab for that characters gear. The only feature I’d want to see added would be being able to save charcter build passives/skills as a profile. So it allows you to switch without having to go through all the nodes manually. Instead of resetting the progress, it should save the levels since you already earned/leveled them. Different, but I’d settle.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.