Allow 5 Affixes on yellow Items pls

I fractured way too many items 5-15% …

the instability must have hidden factor which the developers know but hide…

RNG is RNG.

That’s a psychological thing. Do you remember how many items you successfully crafted with 70% or lower?

Everytime you fracture an item with 90% success chance you are “wtf, this cannot be”. While you take all successful crafting attempts as given. You just remember the bad attempts because they are more frustrating.

4 Likes

Yeah I am convinced there is a hidden factor that we cannot see. Something like each item rolled, has a max amount of affix’s it can have. Then will fracture, even if its a 99% stability.

I’ve had 100s of items fracture at 99% after putting just one shard on them, and whilst using the stability runes! Biggest 99% fracture steak I have had so far, is 22 items all in a row. One after the other!..needless to say I was fuming!

I DO NOT want more affixes to items. If they add any more it should be in the form of implicit mods and not affixes(explicit mods).

I think the crafting system as it is now is near perfect. It isn’t crazy impossible to craft a 4x T5 item if you find one with decent rolls already.

I would love some very end game content with a rare chance to drop a rune that repairs instability by a certain amount (maybe an end game boss). Would also be very nice to get a rune/glyph that could reroll the implicit mods on an item.

4 Likes

This doesn’t sound like a “bad designed” concept. If this really happened to you this definitely is a major bug. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest you open a thread in the bug report section.

There is no hidden factor. Why should the devs implement a system that shows a big fat number of how chances are to make a successful crafting attempt, when in reality the chances of success are way smaller? Do you really think that the people from EHG are sitting in their office and laughing their asses off because how they fool us players?

This game is in beta. And before you jump on the “the devs cheat on us because they don’t want us to have good gear” train I’d suggest to treat these kind of experiences as possible bugs. Consider even helping to find the cause.

2 Likes

Maybe it is a bug. Just feels that way, how I described.

The odds of it happening, 22 items all breaking at 99% are astronomical!

And thanks for stating the obvious about game is in Beta! FYI I know! And also where did I put “The devs are cheating us” comment?

1 Like

Sorry @Matke, the second part was not referred to your post. Forgot the quote.

2 Likes

Mike hinted at a possibility that glyphs were bugged. Not sure if that’s actually true or not.

Also I feel like this is happening way too often, but of course I can’t say for sure as I don’t have a statistically significant data to support that.

Apology accepted. It’s very easy to make a mistake, when writing on a thread with lots of posts. :slight_smile:

Normally it would be pretty tough to add a 5th stat slot without also adding a 6th. This is simply because you would then have 3 affix, and 2 suffix for example, which could make it harder to balance.

What I do think could be great, is remove all the “set” affixes from the prefix/suffix pool. Make them there own slot on every gear piece that players can use. Call the 5th slot a “set affix” or something. With 10 or 11 gear slots (depending on one hand or 2 hand choices) this would allow players to get at least 2 sets capped. Maybe even add it in the form of an “enchantment” or something that would be able to ignore the fractured situation and force a re-balance of instability per craft.

1 Like

My brother claims in one day to have fractured 98 percent a few times in a row. He thinks it a typo now. .98 percent he says is what they mean. He’s dead serious. heh

im not a fan of korean enchanting systems. crafting should not penalize you but instead require investment to achieve stronger gear. id also like to see progression not solely reliant on crafting.

Well you can go the RNG route and then just upgrade via crafting… but RNG…

Something akin to RPG style reward systems that allow players to earn badges or currency towards gear via endgame content would be okay in my eyes. It would probably still just need to be an upgraded gambling merchant where you might be able to pick affixes and have them randomly roll tiers, or pick tiers and randomly roll affixes etc. Or even just let me pick a gear piece thats guaranteed to roll 1 of the stats I am after.

Being an ARPG it is kind of built around a looter system that by genre tends to be quite RNG gated.

1 Like

dont give me hope like that hehehehe. i agree with your suggested system. currently this enchanting system is too punishing and progression is strongly tied to it.

1 Like

Hahaha, sorry. I just made a post (a bit long winded mind you) in regards to my thoughts about the affixes. Most of it has been said before, but it highlights what I personally think is the biggest problem with the number of affixes on gear. In short, it’s less about how many affixes we have, more about how many we actually get to use for what we want.

In case you are interested:

Tried not to redirect the original topic of this thread, because I do like the idea of adding another affix for things like “sets” - set dodge, set glancing blow, set ele protect etc. Might even free up the 4 we already have for other things we want to use to create a more unique build.

There have been added a lot of new affixes and items have new implicit stats. Some nice stuff like hybrid affixes with +x poison resistance and +y increased poison damage for example.

The whole gearing and crafting system was heavily buffed with the latest patch. And I’d guess people are not through all the new build possibilities, yet.

What I don’t get is the complaint of having too less of something.Would it be good to have 5 affix slots on an item? Yes. But why 5? why not 10? Would be even better than 5. Why not double the values of all affixes? Would also be good. Why not have 40 skillpoints for skills? And please give 2 passive points per level. This all would be good. Allow T6 and T7 affixed and remove fracturing completely. Better.

What would be changed if there were 5 affixed? It would be easier to cap certain values. But also it increases rng on items. Getting an item with 4 build fitting affixes is hard, find one with 5 is even harder.

Also why should there be more build diversity with adding +1 affix slot? If I am going to make a necrotic build on a Lich what would I use it for? More damage or more resistance. Show me the person who would say “Hey, I have got an additional slot. Let’s stack blind chance because it adds some diversity to my build!” Not me at least.

You are not talking about balance here. You are talking about making things easier. People would have higher stats on gear and reach the arena wave cap they are able to sustain a few waves later. Then there’s the point where you sit and say “Hey, I can’t progress anymore because I have too few resistance for wave 1244. We need more affix slots to go further.”

2 Likes

no its not.

I took some time and let my wife witness.

the more Affixes you have on an Item and the higher Tier they are, the more the chance to Fracture of damage even if it shows 5% fracture chance only…

I had 3% fracture chance items break more often than the 97% chance to not break.

Its like 3-10% breaks 7:10 its reversal.

If you see a fracture chance of only 15% it is 85% for real …

Reverse…

you guys will see in future that this will get fixed.

3% fracture chance is exactly the same as 97% chance to not fracture.

I’ve never encountered an odd behaviour. If you think there’s something wrong with the system I’d suggest to create some kind of crafting diary. If you have fractured roughly 90 items of 100 that had a 90% chance of success there might be something wrong.

On my end its definitely not reverse to the chances displayed. So this would be a phenomenon that only appears on certain clients and is not a global bug in the system.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.