All buttons/skills stop functioning in game

This has happened maybe 4-5 times, I can’t quite figure out why, its very intermittent. This last time I noticed it happened when I leveled up, I selected my passive skills and then when I closed all the menus none of the spells on the bars would work, I even tried a controller, keyboard/controller either one will not do anything. I can still bring up the menus and the only way to resolve it is to leave game and rejoin, then all the skills start working again. Otherwise nothing works but menus.

Could you upload your log file when it happens next?

https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

I’v actually figured out how to repeat this bug. I switch between controller and Keyboard, depending on my mood. Anyway it happens whenever I got to interact with something or someone and a dialog box opens up, then if you walk away it will go away but you will be unable to use any skills or abilities.

I was just in Imperial Welryn trying to open the door to the Great College, I click A on controller which brought the Dialog box up, I got attacked by a rare so i ran back to engage him, but noticed I could not use any abilities. I ran back to the door, click A on controller to bring dialog box back up, clicked the X in top right corner with mouse to shut the dialog box back down and then I could use my skills again.

I hope you all find this information helpful.

1 Like

Have you been able to recreate this issue multiple times in the same session or is it only the first time you swap controls?

I’v had this happen quite a bit since I last posted this. I can try to recreate this again when I get home. I have noticed since the last post that this will happen sometimes even when not interacting with someone, just at random times, but always when using a controller. I often use the keyboard for Map and Inventory or skills/passives shortcut even when using controller, and it seems to randomly stop working. I have on occasion been able to hit escape to bring menu up several times in row and everything starts working again , but mostly I will have to log out, or die. Every once in while I will let myself die and even then it does not 100% start working again. When it bugs out, no hotkey shortcut works except escape as far as I can tell, I can’t portal, or use any skills, but I can open inventory and skills menu.

I’v been playing for bit and have not had the bug yet. I know it happens often when using controller and interacting with npc’s or objects, but not always. I can’t replicate it , but it happens about once an hour at least. If there is anything I can do to help you fix it , just let me know and I’d be more then happy to supply any info.

Okay, So it happened again when I went to fight the boss during the Immortal Citadel Quest. I was talking to Yulia, then the fight started and I could not use any skills. I noticed that I could use potioin on the controller only, nothing else. I could open inventory etc… but portal was not working, so I used the mouse and was able to open the Portal. This is when I noticed something different then normal. My character would not stop moving even when I put controller down to use the mouse.

So I realized that my right stick mouse cursor somehow had went off the bottom of the screen, It appears that there are two cursor’s, one for mouse and one for controller. This can be a problem at times if your inventory is open and your mousing over an item and your other cursor that is used by controller is over a nearby item on ground, it will jump between showing the two items.

Anyway I moved the cursor back up to the middle using my right analog stick and I was able to use the skills again… I never really used the right analog at all and so I never realized it was moving off screen, I always use mouse to click stuff because its just faster… I will let you know if this happens again, but it appears for now that this is what is causing the issue, that the controller curser can be moved offscreen while your mouse cursor is on screen and abilities will stop working.

I can confirm indeed that this bug seems to come from accidently hitting the right thumbstick when in game, it will move the cursor accidently over one of the abilities at the bottom which disabled the ability to use them by pressing any buttons. And since I mostly would use the mouse to talk to NPC’s, I never realized it was two separate cursors. Hope this helps, Its happened a few times but I can now quickly fix it.

Thanks for the updates, we’re tracking this issue internally.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.