Advice on Storage (basically what to keep)

I was wondering if anyone from the community has any advice on what can/should be kept and what to do with everything else. I just started playing the game ~2 weeks ago or so and have a Torment Warlock at 96. Initially, I started picking everything up and basically ended up with the following which is a mess:

• ~18 tabs worth of exalted items
  • ~5 tabs of Idols
  • ~4 tabs of Experimental gear
  • ~6 tabs of Unyque’s (most without LP)

I was trying to keep everything so when I start a new character, I’ll have a bunch of gear that will hopefully be helpful. But at the same time, I’ve also been running with a Loot filter that I got from Maxroll so mostly picking up items for a Warlock.

I was thinking of basically going through all the items and keeping any Exalted items that have the affix’s/suffix’s that my build needs and just start selling everything else.

Regarding Unique items, I read that without LP, they’re pretty useless but I was thinking of keeping ~1-2 copies of each and then any time I get another copy without LP, compare which is the highest and always just keep two. Should I sell everything else? Or break them for parts? (honestly not even sure you can break unique items).

Any tips would be much appreciated. Paying ~150k a tab is getting pretty expensive when I only have ~450k.

I’m a teensy bit of a hoarder, so maybe this won’t help. But! In case… I keep one tab of yellow sub-level 20 stuff for new alts, to start them off okay. I keep a tab of experimental gear, only with the tier of the experimental affix T4 or higher. I have a few unique tabs: One for weaver’s will stuff, and then maybe 6 others? If I have LP1 or higher, I vendor the LP0s I get. Other than that, I generally keep 2 of an item. Of course, I’d keep more if they were LP3 or higher (but only have a few of those). When I get a new LP1 drop for example, I’ll compare it to any LP1 I may already have, and drop the worse one. I keep one tab of set gear, since a few pieces have worked for leveling for me in the past, and I’m a “what if” type of gal.

One tab I keep for legendary prep. Exalted gear that I’ve crafted to be ready for a smashing.

I have a few tabs of idols. When deciding if I should keep, I press alt to see the roll ranges and only keep ones that are near the top of their roll ranges. Vendor all else.

And I think the rest of my tabs are for exalted gear. I won’t say how many. I don’t keep if the T6/T7 stat is something like resists, mana, stuff like that. I try to keep it for damage or stats I know I want to maximise. And since during crafting other stuff on can often easily use up the forging potential (meaning I rarely have left over for using the rune to reroll affixes), I’ll only keep T6 gear that is near the top of its potential roll range (again, pressing alt), or T7.
I then occasionally go on purges, where I’ll dump gear that doesn’t have stat combos that will likely get used by me. Example: If it has multiple damage types on it that I don’t know I’ll be using. Like if something has poison damage and necrotic penetration, then either shatter for the pen shards (generally low on those), or vendor. Or if something has +str and +int. Some builds may use that, but I haven’t needed to yet this cycle. If a body armour piece has plus skills you don’t intend to use. If you don’t think you’ll do a build with 2-handed maces, drop all of those (unless there are some incredible rolls and you don’t want to quite cross off the possibility).

If you’ll just play the one character, it gets much easier. Get rid of everything not for your build. Maybe keep some other class stuff in case you respec, and stay open to uniques that have maybe one bad affix of T1 or T2 (can try glyph of despair to fix it).

Also! Try organising so that all body armour is together, all helms, all of particular types of weapons, etc. This helps you see pretty easily that you’re getting out of hand with keeping a particular type of item, and you can go on a stricter purge for that item type.

2 Likes

I keep 3 of each unique, 2 of each set item, any exalted with stats I could possibly use, up to 4 of each idol combo, sell all rest at bazaar or merchant, or throw on ground.

I try to have a leveling tab filled with under lv20 to cover any caster/melee base. I have some decent items for 20-50 also but less than a tab for that. This is just for leveling alts.

1 Like

Thanks @Nefer & @Demalii, definitely helps/gives me some idea of how to organize everything. I went through the uniques and Experimental gear last time. Going to do Idols today and tackle the ~12 tabs worth of Exalted gear. :sweat_smile:

1 Like