Add option to replace DPS with Damage & Interval

A lot of the DPS calculations seem… well, wrong. Things like Holy Trail having 1k+ dps on a naked level 1 toon, some ‘stronger’ skills looking awful on DPS, skills with huge cooldowns still having a high ‘DPS’ because their animation time is short, unclear what time period it’s measured over for things that hit once and apply DoTs for how many ‘seconds’ the DPS covers. A lot of the time all I actually want to know is how much damage will happen when I press the button - I can measure the time better myself by watching how long my animations take and going from there.

I’m not even asking for some new system entirely here for improving the tooltips, I know there’s lots of issues with getting them accurate. I just want them to show the ‘damage’ and ‘seconds’ part that’s used in the DPS calculation instead of having them divide each other and leave me not sure which part is the inaccurate one.

The Devs are working on improving the tooltip dps calcs and the character sheet info… Its just not as simple as people think it is because its hard to snapshot what the DPS could be at any given moment and then adding conditional inputs from skills and passives make it even more complicated to get “valid” figures that are actually correct… Throw in area levels and mob affixes (like in Monos and on Rares) and its even harder to get numbers that are not approximations…

(someone else also recently asked about this…)

You can see a developer transcript here from eariler in the year where they discuss this…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.