Add a renaming function on the character selection screen

I know it does not exist in any similar game, but LE innovates in a lot of domains so why not ?

Just for those lazy guys like me that don’t want to level up a new hero just to get a better name, and guys like me that care about the name :stuck_out_tongue:

So for the sake of the bad days where you totallly lack of inspiration when creating 'Flummy" the sentinel, please add a rename function so you can rename your character (the same way you can delete it).

8 Likes

Plus One Hundred.

1 Like

I have no opinion on renaming, but +1 for Flummy

+1, since we cannot add note on a character. A rename would help in that regards too.

I would love for there to be a character rename option. I like to use the same few character names from multiple games and sometimes I mess up and find I would either need to delete a higher level character to free up the name or choose something else.

For example: my paladin is currently named Antoval and I now want to level up a primalist with that name. I could call him Sir_Antoval but that doesn’t sound very druidy to me, however it does fit well with a noble paladin. If I could rename characters it would be no problem but as it stands I would have to delete my paladin, rename and relevel him as Sir_Antoval and then make my primalist with the original name.

I know many people will just say, oh well, name him something else then, but I care about having a name that fits my idea of the character.

This would be a handy feature.
I created a shield throw Paladin & called him Shieldy McShieldface, in 0.8.3 I switched him to a Fire Warpath build, & now the name doesn’t fit.
Being able to change his name would make more sense.

Keep in mind this suggestion is mostly for when the game goes Multiplayer and fully online. You can already change character names now since save files are local on your PC.

1 Like

Sure, but it’s theorically not permitted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.