Accessability - keybind for picking up nearby loot

I have trouble clicking to pick up items to the point that it can be really frustrating after a while. I know this wouldn’t be at the top of your list, but I think it would be incredibly helpful to have a keybind that picks up nearby loot that makes it through the filter. Even if the area isn’t large at all, it would make it so much easier.

1 Like

Clicking on items on ground, constantly missing clicks, click on it but your character just walks over it without picking the item up…god…freaking…awful…

I’ve made a post about this before but I think people misinterpreted it as “auto pick up” just like people heavily suggests on shards WHICH IS LITERALLY AND TOTALLY A DIFFERENT THING (I AM CALM, VERY VERY CALM). So thanks for pointing this one out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya thats a great idea, like a pickup all button. That might even be a compromise for the hot topic of shard pickup. I thought they ought to implement a shard pet that picks up all your shards for you but all loot too could be an option although unlikely. I really think if they just added shards to gold pickup we would be much less click stressed so clicking the loot and keys would be fine. Now its just click fest, pretty annoying but from the sounds of it we are stuck with it unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely. I’m not asking for a way to auto anything. But instead of pressing something on the mouse, we could press something on the keyboard.

As you said, it’s like I’ve clicked on it 5 times, but somehow couldn’t manage to pick it up. Okay, click again - nope now I’ve run by the other direction. Ok, try again - no result. Run back 0.1 meters, turn around, do a back flip, half a somersault, turn around, try again, then finally loot the item.

And if you have nerve damage, a muscular disease, or something similar, good luck.

I just want to get close to it, and then press something on my keyboard rather than pressing something on my mouse. I don’t think it undermines any game mechanics. Just gives players an alternative method by parallel function that gives the same result, and has nothing to do with progression.

I’m not asking for a way to auto anything. But instead of pressing something on the mouse, we could press something on the keyboard.

I just want to get close to it, and then press something on my keyboard rather than pressing something on my mouse. I don’t think it undermines any game mechanics. Just gives players an alternative method by parallel function that gives the same result, and has nothing to do with progression.

Exactly what I was hoping for when I made my post before.

And if you have nerve damage, a muscular disease, or something similar, good luck.

Now its just click fest, pretty annoying but from the sounds of it we are stuck with it unfortunately.

I think I’ve had a much better time clicking gold one by one on the ground back in Diablo2 than the entirety of LE in this regard. The way the game is right now just feels like a clickfest to me. I’m already using a loot filter and I still need to click and miss so much on the ground. I probably wouldn’t complain much if it was working properly like the problems I mentioned in my previous reply.

Also this suggestion of yours + also a hotkey for “drop item from inventory” which was also suggested here in the forums would be nice and goes along with this reason I quoted.

There might be people here that will say “It’s just auto pick up with extra steps” which idk anymore seriously…I am not going to argue. Also yeah, goodluck to people with muscle or hand problems and for most of us with ever-growing carpal tunnel syndrome. Cheers

1 Like

Unfortunately, anyone who thinks that can’t discern that extra steps make it no longer auto. But you’re right. I’m just hoping devs will understand that some small changes can have a massively positive impact on playability. Changes like this aren’t going to make the game easier, but they will make it more enjoyable.

To be fair, I think the devs might have said that though it could have been in relation to shards, but we know they think of shards as pseudo items so it’s not a particularly big stretch.

I would agree with this if the stance on windows key events hasn’t already been explicitly stated to be allowed.

What’s stopping me from binding that pickup hotkey to be on a loop just like the “Auto-casting” we have now? Now I have auto-pickup.

If that abuse case is fixed I’m all for it.

1 Like

I’d like that as an option, specially when playing on my Steam Deck. Would make a lot of more loot intense zones a lot nicer to clear.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.