About the Runemaster trailer

I love Last Epoch and very much want it to succeed. EHG has been very receptive to feedback and openly communicative with their playerbase, and I appreciate that immensely.

However, there is some constructive criticism I would like to make. I am concerned about what I saw at the end of the Runemaster trailer that was revealed at Gamescom (00:37).

Why was this clip with Rhykker chosen? I understand wanting to show off how your game is being praised by its fans, but I find this specific choice of clip to beā€¦ strange.

Rhykkerā€™s speaking about the Factions System, which was revealed earlier this year, but is yet to be included in the game.

After watching the trailer, I was given the impression that the Factions system was going to be arriving alongside Runemaster, and became really excited. I completely missed the ā€œTrade System Coming in 1.0ā€ disclaimer in the top left corner upon first viewing. I imagine a lot of other people are also going to miss it. Using future, unfinished content to advertise a patch that wonā€™t even include said content is heavily misleading (even with the disclaimer).

Iā€™m giving EHG the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming that this decision was not made with the intent to mislead or deceive. If you want to advertise a patch, that is perfectly fine, but please donā€™t try to bolster it with content that isnā€™t going to be included with said patch. That isnā€™t the way to go about it.

This is a minor speed bump in the grand scheme of things - but I just wanted to give my opinion on it to try and make EHG aware of it.

1 Like

Devs said on numerous ocassions they will release the last 3 masteries with the final release of the game 1.0
Furthermore, they said they will try (not guaranteed) to release 1.0 before the end of the current year.
So, what do I understand from all of this?
They release runemaster now because they will delay 1.0 again.

The whole trailer is a bit weird, 70% of it is not related to the patch.
And Iā€™m not making that up, just press 7 on your keyboard to get to the Runemaster part.

Seems like it was cut from a 1.0 trailer. I wonder if there was a decision to drip the content out instead of having one big patch to avoid massive amounts of bugs.

A 1.0 rollout like the MP patch rollout could be damaging to the brand long term.

1 Like

Trailer felt out of placeā€¦ It was the opening night and lots of other really good trailers and then there was Le with extremely dissapointing trailer.

Literally feels like they commited to announcing 1.0 then came to the conclusion that delay will happen so they took small parts of the 1.0 trailer and turned it into 0.9.2 trailer :smiley:

To give context why the trailer was dissapointing in my opinion is the fact that you had Factions shown yet those are not even coming with 0.9.2

You are showing the reddit post that started it all and kickstarter imo this is not for patch 0.9.2 but for an actual 1.0 release trailer! To show where you started and you ended your journey to finally have the game out.

2 Likes

Not a Rhykker fan, but he does a fairly good job being objective with what he covers, even Diablo 4. I have never seen that Runemaster trailer, is that exclusive to his vid or did I just flat out miss it? The class looks badass!

This trailer was shown during opening night at gamescom so its not exclusive to his videos

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I am actually watching the gamescon vid right now and LE took center stage as I read that. So cool.

I find it really strange that thereā€™s no announcement on the forums for when 0.9.2 is releasing. Why do these forums exist? Community driven doesnā€™t mean you rely on the community to spread the news of when a patch is coming.

5 Likes

Agreed, the fact I had to see this thread to find a vod with the trailer along with being told by @FoE is sorta crazy. A new subclass is sorta huge and there isnt a fuckin thing about it on the official site. Believe it or not your own website that advertises your own game is a pretty important piece of a marketing campaign.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t use twitter, Im not in the official discord (becuase discord has a limit on servers you can join, and if i added in any games i want news on to that, lol). The only way I get news for LE now is through visions discord, or when i check the forums, then I know to go and look at the reddit to see devs respond to people. But now theres no announcements on the forums, getting news on LE is literally ā€˜check to see if a dev responded to someone on redditā€™ and ā€˜wait for 1 of a handful of people in visions discord to start talking about a new thingā€™

1 Like