About Set Items

Cool Sets should be like Vilatria’s set that convert a skill into different ones. But not only damage type, Disintegrate as a channelled skill that deals DOT to enemy, a set for example makes Disintegrate to HIT like a machine gun while channelling, so the skill could take advantages from hits effect. Those kinds of set effects should provide totally different methods compare to uniques, uniques usually make skills more powerful in some ways while sets should provide “ideas/changes” to skills.

The forgotten set affixes. I remember abandoned set affixes use to be so powerful if you have many same type of set affixes on you. I think it would be good idea to take them back into set items, they should make a strong set families.

I have read suggestions of sets including LP sets, WW sets, etc, they bounded to uniques and ww items, one relates to Exalted, another to fate, as adding affixes, I prefer more to WW items, came up an idea (relates to the abandoned set affixes):
While wearing sets ( 3 parts out of 4-sets) and kill some mons or a dungeon boss, would randomly adds a SAME type of set affixes into them, the value range would base on how many sets you weared, and set affixes would be expired(not disappear) if you take one of them out (one of those 3 parts out of 4-sets)

so, more different ideas to sets that make them usable and fun, ways of adding set affixes into sets make them powerful and usable, what do you think?

That skill already exists. Fireball can be a channel skill shooting out fireballs like a machine gun and each of them hits.

There are alot of uniques that change skills as well. Many uniques don’t simply make a skill more powerful but change them or come with some kind of downside.

Just throw out examples, not for specific ideas. However, why cant Disintegrate also be a machine gun even there is fireball. That s not the point.

the part of unique you mentioned is true, my bad. my point of view is limited since I m not a designer or so, but then only those uniques that empowered skills (somehow even come with any downside) for player to choose using at the first class. I dont say uniques cant do that, I like a few toy-uniques, I have just few design ideas, and not even worth saying. Uniques and Sets, they are sharing similar states as we talked, let s move on to the topic I think for so long, the affixes sets, what do you think of these ideas?

1 Like

Yes, but that’s Fireball not Disintegrate. Plus you can make Disintegrate proc Lightning Blast while it’s channelling which is totes the same thing as the OP was asking for…

My bad, for Disintegrate is more like a Laser Gun, pewpewpewpew…