Abomination Build Issue

I don’t know if something had changed for my build or not. My abomination used to get health back with attacking but now he just keeps on decaying no matter what. I haven’t changed a single thing from when I once played it. Am I looking over something?

You didn’t change any equipped items or anything at all, or just not anything with skills?

If you changed an item that had been giving you +1 to your Summon Golem then that could have taken the point away from the node which affected this. Just guessing since I don’t know for certain on the first question.

I haven’t changed a single thing. It originally was taking a snapshot of what my skeletons could do, such as, Leech Life for Skeleton Mages. When I did my research on it this is what it stated. Now after I summon the Abomination it will decay when I enter any Echo. Zero leech life occurs, which, it did before.

It’s easier if you post your build.

Then the community will look at it and tell you why it’s decaying and what’s missing for the decay not to happen. Maybe that will help you reach a conclusion.

Thanks for the response.
Here is my build. https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/omL8bL8B

Your abomination should leech, when you put dread shade on him. You have a passive River of bones, that makes minion leech on crit.

It looked like it was working correctly for a bit then stopped. I think it is just completely bugged for me. I’ve tried so many different things. I am just probably going to give up on this. Thanks for every ones help.

What exactly do you mean by taking a snapshot? There’s a known interaction with the Unique Arron’s Will, in that if you summon the Skeletons, hoover them up with the Abomination skill, and then equip the Unique Chest piece (so that the maximum Skeletons you can summon from the Summon Skeleton skill-tree drops to 0), the Abomination will start to decay.

My most reasonable explanation is that since you are wearing a Chest Piece that gives +1 to Summon Skeleton, if you are changing that equipment in any way, the game is removing a point from one of the nodes that grant additional Skeletons, and since that changes the maximum number of Skeletons, your Abomination would decay similar to the Aaron’s Will situation.

Since you mentioned that the Abomination is starting to decay at the very start of the echo with no interaction from your Shades or any enemies, I can’t think of another reason outside of how the skill interacts with your equipment.

From memory, they changed how minions work. Previously they wouldn’t be resummoned when you changed zones but now they are, so any equipment buffs or temporary buffs like leech are now removed when you leave the old zone.

Though I thought this change occurred in 0.9 with MP.

I don’t know if they changed anything with snapshot. You could wear specific items and have certain skills when you summoned a minion that would take affect forever until it dies, thus, the game takes a snapshot. I have done this many times. So when summoning you wear specific gear then change when you are fighting.

What it really comes down to was I playing my necromancer weeks ago then stopped playing for a while. I had zero issues weeks ago. I came back and now I have weird issues. There was nothing that I had changed. The only thing that had occurred was there was an update. Maybe they changed something that doesn’t pop out to me in the patch notes or it’s a bug.

This has been the buggiest game I have ever played. Hard crashes, such as, black screen and freezing, which no other game or program on my computer does.

Age of Undeath node disables abomination decay. But if you press Alt, it also says, that if your maximum number of skeletons is reduced, abomination will start decaying.

That’s the measure against snapshot. You can still use 3 different mage types to summon abomination, and then unspec the skill, just don’t take the +1 maximum skeletal mages node. Also you can cast infernal shade with unlimited duration and then unspec it too. You can even add aura of decay on top, activate and then unspec. And then remove regular skeleton, skeleton mage, infernal shade from the skill bar, and use other skills. With everything, you are essentially playing a build with 9 skills using 8 skill trees.

Classic minion snaphotting with gear swap can also be used on top of that: equip everything for minion damage and health, summon, then equip everything for being tanky.

I don’t know, how this is not considered a critical bug and not fixed. Honestly, setting everything up for a few minutes after every login or death is tedious, but without that I feel like I am missing power. Echo/arena transitions do no reset the power, but dungeons do.

It’s the other way around, if you have a total of 6 or more skellies or skellie mages active then the Abomination starts decaying.

It’s both. I was talking about the third paragraph. What you describe is the second sentence of the first paragraph.

1 Like

That last sentence is very odd.

I guess I am not that great of a reader. With you showing me Age of Undeath I finally realized that taking off my ring that added another skeleton caused my minion to decay. It didn’t think of it, since, it a took a moment before it would decay with taking the ring off. Thank you so much.

2 Likes