Ability to upgrade uniques and sets

I feel like the game could really benefit from the ability to upgrade uniques and set items to a higher ilvl . Kinda like they have it in other games.

3 Likes

Also, there is nowhere to put thousands of shards in the game

2 Likes

This would make sense if items had ilvl, but this game just has bases. And not all bases are strictly bad even if they are at a lower level. usually this just means a slight loss of armor for most classes, but for example Strength stacking builds can opt into using a low level base which gives +str as an implicit instead of a higher level base that happens to have a bit more armor but a less useful stat.

There is only a couple strictly weak bases that are ā€œearly gameā€ bases.

So the only thing that you could ā€œupgradeā€ on set or unique gear would be the base, and letting you pick your own base would be cool, but potentially unbalanced.

1 Like

I think, outside of the current in-game mechanics, OPā€™s point remains; the ability to craft/alter/modify low-level uniques/sets and scale them into higher level variants would be an interesting concept.

It already exists in the form of the legendary system.

Legendaries reward better LP on average to lower level items. You are much more likely to get a high LP set of low level gloves then high level ones.

This means you get a low level unique with a good effect AND can juice it up with powerful exalted/rare modifiers.

otherwise they would basically need to do a bunch of dev work to make ā€œvipertail 2.0ā€ when the legendary system is supposed to be what OP is asking for.

I think we can all agree, that upgrading uniques to new different uniques would be cool, but its a whole lot of dev work, and a whole lot less customizable then LP.

3 Likes

It might be, but if that weā€™re possible (ignoring legendaries) then the lower level uniques would likely need their affixes nerfed. Though I am assuming that the OP wants more than just the base to be upgraded such as a (%?) numerical improvement to the affixes.

I was actually thinking about the base, but would be open to more ideas. I also feel like there is a lot of affixes in the game and getting the perfect item is very difficult. So why not allow us to add any affix we want on one item, but make it difficult to do, so you donā€™t end up having +10 to one of your skills.

It would be interesting to try to transfer affixes from unique things to exalted ones.
Now I donā€™t even want to pick up unique items with an LP lower than 3.Transferring two affixes from an exalted item is not worth ruining an exalted item.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.