Aberroth has fallen, feedback from an average player

Hi all,

I consider myself a very average player, with some capacity to try-hard when I’m motivated enough. I’ve been playing LE on and off since a few years, not that much in total (233 hours). 1.1 added just what I needed to make me come back after reaching empowered monos, I love boss hunts.

I’ve just win my first fight against Aberroth, almost failed as it was my 9th key, as a CoF Abomination Necromancer.

First got savagely beaten a few times. His big AoEs and DoTs could kill my minion, which in the case of the Abomination means the fight is basically lost as there’s no space to try to resummon. Tried to switch to Skelly Archmage for mid-fight resummon capabilities, but I had no gear for it, and damage was abysmal. Went back to the Abomination, and respecced some gear and my tree for maximum Minion Health. It did the trick, my minion could then basically facetank and leech the whole fight while I could concentrate on dodging.

Here’s some overall feedback, if anyone in the team reads this, who knows if it could be useful. Of course these are all my personal opinions.

The positives:

• Huge congtrats to everyone at EHG. The game is good, very good even, it came a long way, and I can’t wait for more.

• The class and build system you have is close to perfection.

• The gameplay feel during combat is gobally already pretty good, and improving.

• Itemization is very good, I kept getting excited by drops, even when my filter was getting very strict (even more so maybe).

• The bosses are in vast majority exciting and well designed.

• The Necromancer is pretty great. I think it’s my favorite summoner class out of all ARPGs I’ve played. Great choices, great flexibility, very cool power fantasy.

Some criticism, that I hope constructive:

• Minion AI is not great. I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen my Abomination run past monsters at full speed, or do a few circles before decidng who to attack, or leaving to attack off-screen when there are monsters pounding on me just next to it.

• The overall feel of the UX needs improvement. Clicking certain things feels off, or does not have immediate feedback, or has unclear hitboxes. There’s nothing gamebreaking, but after playing quite a lot it started to weigh on me.

• The campaign has way too much walking very slowly in empty space, especially in town hubs.

• The harbinger grind was a bit too much. After the 5th one, very heavy sighs were heard in my house when I had to start another timeline from corruption 100. Still did it, 'cause I really wanted to fight the big bad guy.

• I feel like there’s a missing step between the 10th harbinger and Aberroth. The difficulty increase is huge, and for me it went from a relative cakewalk to getting my behind kicked in an extremely humilating fashion. Maybe it’s intended, in which case I guess it’s fine. Made the victory even sweeter I guess.

Thanks to EHG for the great amount of fun I had (and will still have for a bit) with 1.1, see you in the next Cycle!

3 Likes

Congratz! I’m currently on the 8th harbringer and starting from 100 corruption again is not exciting at all. agree. Overall great detailed feedback!

1 Like

Thanks! And good luck :slight_smile: