Aarons Will Triple Golems Build Questions

Hello everyone, I just hit 95 and am running Action RPGs Aarons Will setup with chaos bolts, minus all the LP items since I’m a scrub. I could use some advice here.

Is there any way I can work in “Twinned Golems” into the build or do you just lose too much dmg? I liked seeing the 4 mini-golems running around, but it seemed to struggle as soon as I got to a boss. However, my friends and my kid enjoyed it since there weren’t 3 20ft golems blocking everything in sight for their characters.

Also, is it possible to implement a frost version of this build, or is fire just far and away superior? The vast majority of builds I see on epochtools is fire, fire, and more fire. Many thanks for any tips.

Twinned Golem is -45% damage for each. If going from 1 to 2 that’s (.55 X 2) 110% normal damage which is nice. Going from 2 to 3 is 200% to 165% or about 20% less damage, and 3 to 4 is 300% to (.55 X 4) 220%, or about 30% less damage. It’s not ideal. The more you have, the worse of an idea it is. Not saying you can’t do it of course but it is actively handicapping the build.

Fire vs Frost I can’t speak to; I went fire build because easy fire resist shred is available but cold resist is not, but most fire builds I see don’t even use the shred. So others would need to weigh in on the viability.

That makes sense. I quite ignorantly thought I might get away with 6 golems since you have 3 with the chest piece, but only the first one splits. Clearing actually feels great with 4, and they’re all giving you the 65 life per hit, so I enjoy the sustain. But that boss dps is quite noticeable.

Cold Golems seem to have some synergy with vitality stacking but I don’t think it would ever make any sense to build that way since you’d have to commit a lot of prefixes to get there.

Thanks. I’ll keep trucking along with 3. I may change it up to 4 when my friends and family all get together and play just for the logistics lol. My Paladin friend can’t even see where he’s at with all those giants roaming around.

4 Likes

@Sarkman at some point if I get enough gold and some LP3 hollow fingers I would love to try four frost golem builds stacking vitality for spell damage.

Allocating all the passives for vitality in Necro/Lich I was able to get 26 vitality with no gear and 1.2k life which is pretty nice having no gear whatsoever. I think this could easily get scaled up to at least 50-60 which is all converted to flat spell damage.

I wish aaron will wasn’t a chest piece as this forces one into health/armor stacking but with that much vitality already it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Aaron’s Ice Golems

EDIT: Boneshatter with all the CDR looks promising as well and even more so if you are proccing Betrayal with Rip Blood.

The big problem is the 6 second cool down. +60 flat damage is not much when it only casts every 6 seconds. Similar issues with infernal aura, the damn thing always procs exactly when there are no monsters near it.

The chest piece itself forces you to give up to much for what it gives back, it forces you to spec into a skill you cant use to get a total of 3 golems then it kills boneshatter because of the CD.

Now that being said, if you are really trying this then I would more than likely suggest cold, while you can end up stacking more levels onto the fire golem because of logi and a good helm the ice seems to be better since the fire aoe just… sucks. and the other abilities fire golems gives you is a sacrifice of other minions to make the bad skill, not quite as bad.
If you go ice you can get apogee sword to increase all your cold minion levels and end up with a lot of freeze, I think Cursedboy and Boardman both did a cold build like that, At the moment if you do boardmans know that one of the skills is bugged and doesnt work on minions, he explains it.

The reason most people go fire is because they can put wraiths into it as well and those are a huge damage boost. fire is generally easier to boost up for levels.

Yeah, I always carry atleast two minion CDR idols because of this as most minion abilities for necro have a six sec cooldown.

If you get two adorned idols with a total of 44% CDR that will knock the 6sec CD to 3.36. If you go all four and get it up to 88% then that CD is at .72.

Interesting, I will probably try cold over the weekend. I have the gear thanks to base MG purchases. I was thinking that cold might help my kids survivability too. He’s not quite got the hang of ARPGs yet, but still enjoys playing with me through echos.

It can work well with blood golems and ripblood. Your golems are there not to do damage but to strip enemy armor allowing your physical tag bloodsplat do mass damage, and then give the golems a large damage and hit speed increase.

Build:

In the case of araons will, take a 3LP aarons will and add the exalted robe i made for you.

Have fun

2 Likes

Thanks, I haven’t tried blood golems yet.

Well I tried them in D2 and Duriel hit mine so hard 20 years ago that my own health is still recovering two decades later.

3 Likes

Lv.99 Cold Necromancer Build

This is mine so far. Clearing 200 corrupt with no problem at the moment.