A way to make Arena mode available and useful for the release

Hello !

I have read multiple time that EHG might consider to keep the arena mode even if it was not planned at the beginning. You said that you don’t want to have an arena mode that is always available where people could stay all the time. So here is a suggestion how to handle that !

Arena could be accessible in the End of Time by using a “Coliseum Memory Shard”. These shards could be found as rare drops for example. Those shards will have some random affixes that would change the difficulty and rewards of the arena (a bit like PoE map’s affixes). The arena would not be endless, a maximum number of waves with a boss at the end. When you manage to beat all waves, you get a reward at the end. Those shards could also be tradable in the bazaar.

Lore wise, those “Coloseum Memory Shards” could come from ancient gladiator fights that happened in this coloseum. You travel into the past to revive those fights and show to the crowd how powerful a time traveler is. Depending of the affixes the Shard has, you will end in different eras, different difficulty, differents monsters and rewards.

And for people that just love arena fights to try builds, maybe let the possibility to start an endless arena mode but without any loot, just a leaderboard for the highest wave count achieved.

What do you think about that ? :slight_smile:

I like that idea. I also enjoy Grim Dawn’s crucible mode which is an arena style fight. I think keeping the arena and possibly changing it as you’ve said would help to keep things fresh and exciting. Grim Dawn is also adding a rift style endless area to end-game. That might be something to look into also.

I definitely get not wanting something infinite that requires no investment. That is just bad game development. But, we do need some way to indefinitely engage with end game. LE should not be a POE clone (not that anyone is suggesting that) but the way they have done their map system (and other end game elements) is wonderful. It really keeps you engaged and wanting to push your characters into min max fine tuning. So hopefully they give us something that keeps us motivated to take our characters to max tuning as well.

I think that once the game is fully realized you won’t even think twice about the arena;) I have faith they will have a really nice end game system to take its place eventually.

Yes arena is not supposed to be an important part of the end game. But it is always nice to have some side end game content that you can do imo

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.