A universal "Evade" for all classes

Diablo 4 and Grim Dawn have this feature, and afaik PoE2 is gonna follow suit.

Not gonna lie, it’s a huge hit. Everyone loves the universal Evade.

Diablo 4 builds a lot of synergy around it. You can get implicits that:

-Grant up to 4 Evade charges
-Movement speed boost upon Evade
-Evade cools down upon attack.

You can get passives and enhancements that modify your Evade, like one that allows Evade to break crowd control. Or one that turns your Evade into a Teleport.

As you can see, there is a ton of design space for Unique gear, passives, and skills to interact with Evade. That and a extra layer of mobility would make this game so much more fun.

As a melee player, I have a gap closer that needs a target to charge to. I have a way to get in but I don’t have a skill to dodge laterally or backwards. I feel like the inherent melee disadvantage would feel less bad if we had better mobility options.

This would be perfect for a Seasonal (Cyclical?) feature. Introduce a similar type of Evade, with similar types of support. I guarantee you people will not want to go back.

Please search before posting, it’s basic forum etiquette. This has been discussed repeatedly. Post in an existing thread if you want to say the same things that everyone else has already said.

1 Like

Dang they got hall monitors policing these forums?

From my memory the evade skills are not default unless you owned the 2nd expansion content, in grimdawn and even then you had to grind the reputation a bit to unlock them [unless you saved all your bits from multiple alts].

I would like to see all specs get a movement skill, and have an option to turn it into a proper iframe, not just dodge that still gets hit by mechanics.

As a “melee player” you can choose a different movement skill that doesn’t require a target.

You don’t need a skill but you do need skill (& movement speed). Or use Shield Rush. Or Fury Leap, or Shift or Reap or Teleport or Transplant. All skills that are available to “melee players” baseline that don’t require targets. Or an appropriately spec’d Javelin.

Some people appear to need it, yes.

1 Like

Nope. The evade action was added in v1.2, it’s available to any character from the start and doesn’t require any expansion to work. You’re mistaking it with the augments for medals introduced in the second expansion that grant you a special type of movement, like teleport, leap, charge, etc.

1 Like

Is it really necessary to add a global “everybody has it” movement skill? Sure, it guarantees that everyone has at least one solution to dodge incoming attack, but it also narrows every character into that one dodging solution that is expected to be a solution for everything.

As is now, there are solutions for movement for all classes, and most of them have two or more. I think it would harm class identity to have the same evasion action for everyone, instead of improving the game. I’d wager there are even a few players that consciously choose to play without a movement skill on some of their characters.

2 Likes

The Evade in D4 doesnt reduce diversity but adds to it.

This is because of the wealth of options you have to modify it.

It is a very robust system that adds an additional layer of customization and gameplay. It is a huge hit with everyone who has played that game and it would be a huge hit in this one too imo.

Every class in the game can modify their “traversal” skills to become an active dodge/evade already. This feature is already in the game right now.

You have a ton of options to modify each of the movement skills in Last Epoch, or to transform certain non-movement skills into movement skills.

The game is already intentionally limiting movement skills in order to make sure you don’t need to take multiple. Why would you want to warp the game around one common movement skill?

1 Like

Well, it was the first thing he said… XD

What was the default keybind? The only thing that I can think of was the movement skills added in the second expansion that you mention.

No, thank you. If this is added to the game, it will become required in boss fights. I’ve no desire to make dodging one-shot kills even more difficult.

It’s default to space. If you were playing GD before 1.2 you have to go into keybinds and set it up yourself to a key, since space was pause beforehand. It’s not part of any expansion/DLC.