A Passive Idea For Level 15 Mage to Synergize With Elemental Nova (Warning: LONG POST)

Warning Long Post!

I was thinking of a passive in the Mage category, where you spend passive points at the level 15 mark. I am calling it Nova’s Wrath. Reason is Elemental Nova has some interesting ways it can be customized but to utilize it the points needed are stretched pretty far. Even only using a point or two in most of the abilities to spec where you want to go makes the points spread thin especially if you want any points in the top skill for small dps and area of effect. Also the damage output by the time you are level 50, lets just say the damage output even scaled is almost useless? Unless you turn it to a channeling ability then it is somewhat good. Otherwise it is usually only good as a freeze and stun utility gaining enough ward to prevent you from dying and that’s it sadly. I am thinking of having something to increase the area of effect specifically for Elemental Nova without needing to spend the skill points in Elemental Nova. I am calling it Nova’s Wrath and down below is how I think it should work. Its quite simple really

If Nova's Wrath is true:
     Grant an additional 50% area of effect per point (max 100%) to Elemental Nova
     Elemental Nova now has a 1 second cooldown. This cooldown does not increase or 
     decrease per point.

Now to make sure this dose not botch Infernal Nova within the skill of Elemental Nova

Infernal Nova:
     If Nova's Wrath is true:
          (Area 300% + Nova's Wrath AoE %) - Nova's Wrath AoE% = Area 300% (Other words this area of effect should remain unaffected. This should be a flat 300% and stay as intended in the orginal Infernal Nova
          Channeled Area 30% (this should remain unaffected/not altered by Nova's Wrath)
          Ignite Duration 100% (this should remain unaffected/not altered by Nova's Wrath)
          Cooldown (+4 + 1 second from Nova's Wrath = 5) - 2 = 3 second cooldown
      Else:
      Infernal Nova remains the same as it was before Nova's Wrath

Infernal Nova is something cool but if you want to combine it with different skills within Elemental Nova from either the ice and lightning side the cooldown is a little punishing, still after putting some points into Conflagrating Speed. I think the 3 second cooldown will synergize pretty well, or not make that much of a difference really, depending how people spec in Elemental Nova.

One final note is I thought of this passive in mind with Luminaire that Nova’s Wrath might have made it to powerful, hence the 1 second cooldown. This will stop the run and gun mentality for a moment that Luminaire gives.

So after all this is said and done… nudge nudge… wink wink? No? Maybe so?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.